Hello from Chile.

Welcome Luis. There are a few archers on here as well. Most of us shoot compound bows versus traditional. 

The bow in your Avatar looks like a recurve with a long brace height. Did you shape the bow? If you feel like taking us along for the ride, I'd personally like to see your process for arrow making. 

Thanks, the brace is acording to the specs, it´s a Wild Mountain Silveretta,  i  know is made in CZ republic,use 7.5-8" brace height.

Never build a wood arrow before, buy a used verita dowel and arrow maker, but dont have the blade gauge calibration, and don´t know the blade projection height. the piece in the red circle is lost.

31945801_10216087040431803_50648762615332864_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Luis Anselmo Cerna said:

Thanks, the brace is acording to the specs, it´s a Wild Mountain Silveretta,  i  know is made in CZ republic,use 7.5-8" brace height.

Never build a wood arrow before, buy a used verita dowel and arrow maker, but dont have the blade gauge calibration, and don´t know the blade projection height. the piece in the red circle is lost.

31945801_10216087040431803_50648762615332864_n.jpg

Very cool.  What type of wood are you planning to use for the arrows. 

Thanks, but just need the 

13 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Very cool.  What type of wood are you planning to use for the arrows. 

We have several options, yesterday tolk to a guy that is using Mañio, Eucalipto and Cedro Boliviano, y have to travel 500km the next week to buy the wood, in my cyti, don't sell.

9 minutes ago, Luis Anselmo Cerna said:

Thanks, but just need the 

We have several options, yesterday tolk to a guy that is using Mañio, Eucalipto and Cedro Boliviano, y have to travel 500km the next week to buy the wood, in my cyti, don't sell.

I'm not familiar with any of those so good luck. Getting the straightest grain in a moderately rigid wood that allows some flex will pay dividends later.

Hi Luis, and welcome! Making your own arrow shafts seems like an interesting challenge. Biggest challenge is finding wood with straight grain! 

Riving (splitting) the wood to approximate size usually produces billets with the least amount of grain runout. Is that how you woukd start an arrow shaft?