Dewalt 735

Dennis O'Shea

I have had the planner for over a year and love it I have never had a problem with snipe it has performed perfectly

I decided it was time to change the blades or i guess just flip them around took me a little over a half hour. Here is my problem  

I now have developed a snipe at the beginning of the cut about three inches  in from the start of the cut.If I take the board and feed it at an angle 

no snipe .It not bad its just annoying did I do some thing wrong when I changed the blades around.Can't figure it out .I would appreciate and suggestions 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

I’ve never had that problem with my 735 Dennis, is it possible the the  infeed table has become misaligned for some reason, are you using original DeWalt blades or aftermarket blades?

I am using the original Blades that were on there I just used the other side I will check the in feed table though 

6 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Is the board strait and flat with no twist cup or other? If i feed in boards that are twisted or warped in some manner the snipe is always WAY worse on my 735 than the non-existent snipe when feeding perfectly jointed material.

I had run them through my jointer before never had this problem till i flipped the blades 

12 minutes ago, Jfitz said:

+1 on :

- blades facing the right way?

- clean your rollers

- wax the table

- adjust table(s)

yes they are did all the cleaning while I changed the blades I need to check the tables I was very careful when I changed the blades 

24 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Do you have Dewalts infeed table?

yes I do 

If the boards aren't terribly long, try removing the add-on tables. Mine just has the central base, which has no adjustment that I can see. 

I don't get snipe unless I plane a long board, and forget to lift up on the trailing end. Gravity will lever the leading end up until the rear feed roller grabs it.

On mine, I raise the planer all the way and then place a straightedge across the bed (through the planer) raised on some coins (nickels), then I adjust the tips of the tables up to that point - this way they're always tipped "up". it seems to help a lot with snipe. 

2 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Coop, DeWalt actually doesn't line them up perfectly. Each one is raised at the far end to help with snipe from the get go.

I did not know that, after 3 years of using mine. Thanks

Edit/disclaimer. l probably put mine together using those fairly new darn instructions that have nothing but the funky illustrations instead of instructions that actually have words to follow. :(