Things that would be faster with CNC

Bombarde16

I built brackets for my ducts that are similar, but rather than a wood cap, I just used steel perforated strap that screws into the plywood saddle base. It is a lot of work building them, but it sure looks better & is more solid than just hanging them down from the ceiling with strapping.

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

It is a lot of work building them, but it sure looks better & is more solid than just hanging them down from the ceiling with strapping.

I was halfway expecting the first comments out of the gate to run something along the lines of, "Nahhhh, just hang them with some steel straps and be done with it!"  It's gratifying to know that I'm not totally crazy, here.

The current blend of shop fixture paint is a curious "dusty rose" color born of some leftover cans of yellow and burgundy that sat forgotten for years in a closet at work. Not the ugliest color I've ever seen.

IMG_20181107_125949.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:16 AM, drzaius said:

I built brackets for my ducts that are similar, but rather than a wood cap, I just used steel perforated strap

All hail perforated steel strapping.

I'm sure the "tipping point" for CNC has been calculated many times.  I'm also sure it is as accurate as "drinking coffee" or "drinking wine" studies are that are funded by coffee and wine companies. :)

• 1 month later...