New (and final) Shop!

..Kev

On 12/22/2018 at 4:31 PM, ..Kev said:

Funny!  When I shot that footage I just assumed that was the start of our winter.  Now, we have none on the ground and not supposed to get any until after Christmas.  That's strange for Kalispell!

We had snow today in Eastern WA but it's pretty much gone now. No white Christmas this year...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chet said:

What was the thinking behind the ceiling hight?  Not that often but I am guessing you can't stand a sheet of ply on end. 

Fair question and one I thought about a lot!  

The last shop had 9' ceilings and I never had an issue.  The lights in the last shop hung below 8' and I didn't even have an issue with those.  When considering the cost difference between 8' and 9' ceilings, it just became really difficult to justify the additional ceiling height.  The cost difference was pretty significant.

My only issue to date has been storage of the long Festool track.

I like your space, in fact I like your space a lot.  I do have one thing you may or may not want to consider.........   The Bench!  I really would like to be able to access my work bench from both sides, I don't have the space to do that, but you might want to consider it, since you do have the room.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I like your space, in fact I like your space a lot.  I do have one thing you may or may not want to consider.........   The Bench!  I really would like to be able to access my work bench from both sides, I don't have the space to do that, but you might want to consider it, since you do have the room.

The bench has wheels so, I can move it out and have that access.  I've already used that a few times and really like that I have that ability.

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Haha... I have good dust collection but dang, I'd have to swipe the wife's feather-on-a-stick to keep the screen clean. :) 

I don't watch much TV anymore anyway though. I do, however, always have tunes on a little portable Bluetooth speaker and my endless iTunes collection. 

There's no cable or dish hooked up out there only the internet so, I do stream some music in the shop that way or stream some TV that doesn't require me to watch.  It's just background noise.  I probably listen to local radio more than have the TV on to be honest.