krtwood

I like wood with character, but....

Lol I've seen logs like that in the trees they are covered in moss and when you kick them they fall apart. Extremely rustic LOL.

Using resin stabilizer like cactus juice and baking it might work and then casting in epoxy but it'd be more plastic at that point and i'm not sure i'd call it woodworking.

Ive made pen blanks out of stuff like that. Much bigger and you need a really big vacuum tank, oven and a lot of very expensive resin at about $80 a gallon. Personally think the charactor is way too busy for anything bigger than pens and bottle stoppers, maybe a small bowl. Its interesting when you wind up with bug holes with the bugs still in them.

24 minutes ago, drzaius said:

They're pretty much just selling air.

Wrapped in rot.

• Like 1

I only hope whoever buys it doesn't come on the forum asking how to make a table out of it.

37 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I only hope whoever buys it doesn't come on the forum asking how to make a table out of it.

That's what the ebay poster is trying to do sell it to someone for money to buy decent lumber.... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This looks like it would be an extreme case of worthless wood casting. Its done for fancy looking pen blanks by pressure casting resin into wood with voids. If the wood was free it would be worth playing with.