I like wood with character, but....

krtwood

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiln-Dried-Spalted-Wormy-Maple-Live-Edge-Wood-Slab-Plank-Extremely-Rustic-DIY/283296091690?hash=item41f5c34e2a:g:hiUAAOSwLgpcDIDC

Bit far gone, innit?  I mean it's cool, don't get me wrong. If I could get it for free I'd take it as a challenge to see if enough epoxy and black magic could reanimate it.  

• Like 2

Lol I've seen logs like that in the trees they are covered in moss and when you kick them they fall apart. Extremely rustic LOL.

Using resin stabilizer like cactus juice and baking it might work and then casting in epoxy but it'd be more plastic at that point and i'm not sure i'd call it woodworking.

Ive made pen blanks out of stuff like that. Much bigger and you need a really big vacuum tank, oven and a lot of very expensive resin at about $80 a gallon. Personally think the charactor is way too busy for anything bigger than pens and bottle stoppers, maybe a small bowl. Its interesting when you wind up with bug holes with the bugs still in them.