Cushion Storage

That's the great thing about woodworking, you can build a custom piece like for a unique purpose. Perfect for the location you put it at and perfect for the specialized purpose. You could have never bought a piece that could do what you wanted, would fit that corner so well, or looks so nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bmac said:

That's the great thing about woodworking, you can build a custom piece like for a unique purpose. Perfect for the location you put it at and perfect for the specialized purpose. You could have never bought a piece that could do what you wanted, would fit that corner so well, or looks so nice.

That is one of the biggest benefits of making my own stuff. I can make it to perfectly fit my need. The struggle with this one as I mentioned above was making sure that it wasn't too boring and plain. It's still not very exciting but it works.

Thanks yeah it fits the corner really well It also makes that end of our kitchen look a TON cleaner now. I have a few other things that need to be made to complete that section of our house namly a smaller kitchen table and another plant stand. I have a lot of house plants....

18 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Great job nut! Speaking of plants, what is the one in the fifth pic in front of the door?

It's called a Dwarf Dracaena or Dracaena Compacta. It's not supposed to be as tall as it is I think the sites i've read say something like 2-3' but this one is near 4-5'. I've been meaning to chop the top off and root it but it seems i never think of it when i have the time and always remember when i don't have the time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

it seems i never think of it when i have the time and always remember when i don't have the time.

In my view that's the best way to handle yard work.  :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mark J said:

In my view that's the best way to handle yard work.  :D

This is indoor plant repotting. I love yard work. I'm standing outside watching my sprinklers right now...

0616191537.thumb.jpg.6f3a9b6a6393e3748d8d47028569fd8a.jpg

This is my favorite plant. It's a purple shamrock. Easiest thing to take care of because the leaves fold up when it needs water well before it dies. So i use it as a moisture meter, when the shamrock is thirsty everything is.

• Like 1

I had that happen once with my cyclone. Before i modded the filter pan cleanout, i had a bandclamp let loose and blow off the plastic bag. It is a horrific sight to see. Im also in a basement, which makes i twice as bad. 

I really like the straight grain on the door/side. 

18 hours ago, Pwk5017 said:

I really like the straight grain on the door/side. 

The strait grain on this redwood is beautiful. I felt terrible at times cutting the clear 16' long 1x8s. Some of the boards were in pretty bad shape.

My dad has some clear 2x8 22' long redwood boards that we are going to process down to make into planters for my mom and grandmotehr. It's painful to cut them down but 20' boards are just unmanageable.

Some times it pays to be a scavenger.