Not sure what to call this. Doggie doo box?

MJC

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

I hate it when a project goes to s*#t! :D

Looks like you did a pretty good job. Looks great! Now take a scrap of the same wood and form a handle.

Thanks!

Yeah I was going to use the same wood and make a bone shape or make a base piece and then get a nylabone and screw to it or something like that. I think I can cut a couple bone pieces and then glue then together so it’s bigger and run it across router. Maybe I will give that a try.

Good job, solving the problem of the tight lid. Woodworking involves a LOT of problem solving, since wood like to change size and shape while you work it.

For the handle, I'd go to the pet store and buy an actual cow bone. It will take some work to clean it up, and working it with power tools will stink, but it has potential to be a really unique, attractive, and durable piece.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Good job, solving the problem of the tight lid. Woodworking involves a LOT of problem solving, since wood like to change size and shape while you work it.

For the handle, I'd go to the pet store and buy an actual cow bone. It will take some work to clean it up, and working it with power tools will stink, but it has potential to be a really unique, attractive, and durable piece.

Ok I will check that out. Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, Mick S said:

And don't be surprised if you find her up on top chewing away.

Yeah that would be my luck. Good thing her legs are to short to allow this and she is to good to jump...lol she would expect either my wife or myself to set her narrow behind up there!

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

What kind of wood isit made out of?

Just treated lumber from Lowe’s - pressure treated deck boards so I’m guessing yellow pine?

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I think you found a great solution to your lid fitment issue. Would you put a bag inside so you don't have to dig the stinky packages out of the bottom of it?

Yes sir I am putting a small plastic pal inside and will use a liner. Then will toss in the little baggies we use to pick up her “stuff”. Trash day you take out the liner like you would your kitchen trash.

25 minutes ago, MJC said:

Ok is that because of the chemicals used to treat the wood? I never gave this any thought but makes sense. I guess that’s the end of the deck board projects...lol 

I don't know that it's that terrible, just make sure you are limiting your exposure to the dust or wearing a dust mask / respirator. Guys work with the stuff on construction sites all day long after all so I doubt it's goign to make you drop dead tomorrow.

Also keep in mind with the saw stop the moisture in treated wood may trip the brake. Make sure that you account for that etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I don't know that it's that terrible, just make sure you are limiting your exposure to the dust or wearing a dust mask / respirator. Guys work with the stuff on construction sites all day long after all so I doubt it's goign to make you drop dead tomorrow.

Also keep in mind with the saw stop the moisture in treated wood may trip the brake. Make sure that you account for that etc.

Well I haven’t used it yet still waiting on my electrician who is usually Johnny on the spot. I guess I will have to decide when disable the safety features of the saw. Kind of seems silly to even think you would have to do that.