Desk

Cliff

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

That's pretty sweet, Cliff. And seriously heavy-duty! Should serve you for many years.

Have to say, though...3 different monitors would pound my OCD symmetry bone to a pulp! :lol:

I'd rather have 3 34's next to each other, but I'd have to have a different office to pull that off. The 28" one that is vertical is nice for scrolling through code too

• Like 1

That's a great looking desk. Man that walnut looks beautiful. I really like how you did the leg design to just get out of the way.

You mentioned a cabinet. How are you going to swing that? Will it just sit under the desk or attach to it in some way?

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

That's a great looking desk. Man that walnut looks beautiful. I really like how you did the leg design to just get out of the way.

You mentioned a cabinet. How are you going to swing that? Will it just sit under the desk or attach to it in some way?

I'm going to build it on a base that clears the bottom leg and goes right on top of it. The left side of cabinet will probably sit flush with left side of desk, extending in about 3 feet. I think I'm going to build the cabinet all the way up to the underside of the desk, though at that point I have to worry about making the gap between the two look even. Since there is about 6-8 inches from the front before the leg starts, I can do some small drawers for things I use commonly on my desk. Then below, full width drawers. And I want it on wheels that will be mostly hidden by the base of the cabinet. I need to be able to pull it out to clean behind it and such. I haven't decided yet if I'll actually hide the vertical part of the leg behind the cabinet. I love the desk's simplicity and leg design, but I very very much need storage. There is a huge pile of crap sitting on my floor that needs a home.

Hoping to start this ..... well as soon as the DANG replacement belt for my planer gets here. I have 4 on order from 4 different places. It's been 35 days and not one has made it to me. Stupid pandemic. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Hoping to start this ..... well as soon as the DANG replacement belt for my planer gets here. I have 4 on order from 4 different places. It's been 35 days and not one has made it to me. Stupid pandemic. 

Yikes. Yeah it's been rough getting some parts for me as well. I've stopped using amazon and have resorted to other means. Ebay has been pretty solid so far.

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

....I've stopped using amazon and have resorted to other means. Ebay has been pretty solid so far.

I've gone from about 90+ percent of my purchases pre pandemic on amazon to about 25%. I agree eBay has been much more reliable.

21 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Yikes. Yeah it's been rough getting some parts for me as well. I've stopped using amazon and have resorted to other means. Ebay has been pretty solid so far.

11 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I've gone from about 90+ percent of my purchases pre pandemic on amazon to about 25%. I agree eBay has been much more reliable.

I did not think of ebay. Shoot. I didn't order them on amazon either. I had to order a screw and a belt and just started picking places at random that didn't list an estimated delivery date of like "May" (back in mid-April) and ... nothing. 

The kicker is I nearly bought a new planer. Grizzly said 2 days delivery. I should have just done it. 

Edit - BTW, amazon has been better last week or two. Took a month to get Monster energy drink I ordered in March. Took regular 2 days for same thing ordered Friday. I think they were able to get things wrangled so they can get back to what they do best.

• Like 1