Underbench Cabinet

derekcohen

Chet, the panels come in 3/4” and 1” thicknesses. Quality ply is not easily available in Oz, and I have used these panels for jigs as it is cheap and stable. I have used the 1” thick panel as a bench top (on a small additional bench). It certainly could be used for shelving. I know some woodworkers who have doubled it as the top for a full-on workbench.

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 1

Coop, the saw blade in use is a Stark 305mm (12") combination blade. I also have a dedicated rip and crosscut in Leuco blades. These are not terribly expensive blades ... a little above average in cost.

There should be NO burning. 

The quality of cut could be put down to 40% blade and 60% slider/parallel guide. The slider keeps the work piece from moving. even a little, and the result is as flat as off a jointer. This is a glue line rip, as demonstrated above. Another way to do this, on a conventional cabinet saw, is to use the JessEm guides, which force the workpiece to hug the fence.

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 2

The plate is a Seneca Domiplate: https://www.senecawoodworking.com/products/domiplate-for-1-2-and-3-4-ply

This allows one to bypass the Domino’s fence and set a central cutting position for 12mm/18mm or 1/2”/3/4” thick boards. The advantage is thatbthere can be no errors creeping in from a fence that misaligns. 

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 2

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JustAnotherGuy
    Newest Member
    JustAnotherGuy