Craftsman 6 Inch Jointer

Babs

I inherited my father's circa 1950's Craftsman 6 inch jointer.  Model 103.20660.  I need to purchase a new set of cutter blades and a pulley for the motor.  Manual says it takes a 1/2 inch Vee type belt but doesn't specify the size.  Does anyone know where I might purchase parts?  I tried Sears Parts direct but they don't have anything with this model number.  I can't measure the pulley as I'm in Maine and it is still in Indiana.  I wanted to purchase the parts before I drive back to pick it up next month.  Any advice on restoring will be helpful.  Thanks.  

Thank you all for your advice.  I have seen the link V-belts at Rockler.  They're a bit pricey.  I didn't realize Harbor Freight carries them so I'll look for them there.  Was thinking about replacing the belt on my bandsaw with a link belt to reduce the vibration.  Will wait until I actually have the jointer and can take off the old belt and measure before purchasing a new one.  Same with the cutter blades.  Looks like this place may carry the right size jointer knives/cutters, https://www.americannationalknife.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw9r-DBhBxEiwA9qYUpdT4EeX4JhqnjU1l5IN2NgJQBq53QNf8KfBDTNzeakI3LibDEli-4RoCGT4QAvD_BwE.   I'm sure I'll be back again with more questions once I actually start on the restoration.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I found a new V-belt at the auto parts store.  Bought new cutters and have the jointer back together.  It works, although don't think the infeed and outfeed tables are correctly aligned.  Curious if anyone has experience adjusting the outfeed table of this particular and if so, how.  Accessing the leveling jacks isn't easy when the machine is assembled. 

The power twist belts are a little pricey but they are well worth the money when you need to replace your belt next time. I bought mine from grizzly as that’s been one of the better places I can find them.  I put the belt on my jointer and it made a pretty large difference in noise and vibrations. Also another plus is you do not have to unbolt and reset the motor when you replace them or need to adjust them. They are a little different to install but there are some good videos and instructions out there.

https://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwist-drive/_/PowerTwist-Drive-A/13/4L/