My memory is taking a vacation

RichardA

it's getting nuts in my life. I'm gonna be 80 at the end of next year, and already I have to check my driver license to remember who the hell I am. Sometimes I'll be in a conversation with a friend, and we'll get to a point where I'm asked a question, and I know I've answered questions like this millions of times before, but there will be one damn word that brings my answer to a complete stop, because I can't remember that word.  It's happening way to often.

Any how, I have a small project I'd like to do for a friend, and it requires some shaping, and damn if I can remember the name of the 4 1/2" cutting wheels I can put on my grinder. I was going to get my new puppy to bite out what I need, but he'd leave gouges, and sanding them out would be a PITA.  What are those wheels called, and can someone point to the best source?   Thank's guys...  be nice to an old guy.

I use these   Holey Galahad  And Amazons price is Cheaper by about $15 over Woodcraft.  I like this brand because of the holes in the wheel.  With the holes, when it is spinning you can still see your work at the point of contact.  This is especially nice if you are working away from or toward a line. 

149990.0.jpg.bf417b20fb4b3282eaba5dc322deea21.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Rick, Kutzall is another disk like the one Chet mentioned. I think the Kutzall has more of a turned lip for getting under the rim of a recess, but the holes in the Galahad wheel makes it a LOT easier to see what you are doing.

I'm just thinking that for a one time project, spending a bunch of money , is sort of a waste of resources.  I'll use it once, and it'll be tossed in the back of a drawer, and rust away before it gets thought about again. The other problem I'm seeing is that the arbor on my grinder is 3/4" and there doesn't seem to be to many cutters with that size arbor hole., The Galahad does have a 3/4" hole.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coop said:

Hey bud, my course and fine Galahad’s will leave Houston via UPS, headed your way tomorrow. 

Do I need to write my name on them so you will remember where you got them? :D:D

Hell getting old ain’t it! :wacko:

Correction, I will send via USPS as they furnish the box. 

You embarrass me, what did you say your name was?  When I'm done with them they'll be headed back your way.  Or you could look in some of the shop drawers, you know when. You choose.  Thanks my friend.  Did not expect that at all.

• Like 2

I may need them within the next ten years (personal note), so send them back when you’re done! 

And these things are fun to use. There was a pucker factor for about the first few minutes but with a little finesse, things go smoothly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coop said:

Hey bud, my course and fine Galahad’s will leave Houston via UPS, headed your way tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

and thank you young'un.

What can you say about friends, eh?:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Rick, those bur type wheels aren't as crazy as the saw chain type, but they can still grab the work and get away from you. I strongly recommend using the side handle on your grinder.

I use it when I'm sharpening mower blades.  I have an aversion to pain.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RichardA said:

one damn word

It is a hard drive issue. Only problem I cant find one that matches up with my brain. However the thought or word is found by my hard drive eventually. Might take a day or 2 but the info finally flows. Be on the lookout for replacement hard drives that install in the brain. If you find one please post it here.

• Haha 2