Mobile bases

JohnG

Does anyone else make a mobile base like the SawStop industrial mobile base, where it has a foot pump that raises the tool off the ground so that it can roll around but then a simple press on the other side lowers the tool to the ground so it has no chance of moving around while in use? I just ordered a bandsaw but I am freshly spoiled by my SS Industrial mobile base, so the other offerings I am seeing look lame. The Rockler "All Terrain Mobile Base" looks decent but the swivel casters appear to only be single locks, and having to lock all wheels separately is not as convenient as one lever for the whole base.

Anyone have recommendations?

I'm not aware of anything after-market that matches the single-step SS integrated stand. I have a Grizzly "Heavy-Duty Mobile Base" which I actually took my bandsaw off of since it ended being more trouble than it was worth. Grizzly does have a new "Bear Crawl" base with a pair of toe-flip-stops which look to be much nicer than the "locking" casters on the old base. Two steps rather than one, but it's at least less than four and should be a lot more secure than just the casters.

Delta has a three-wheeled base with a single step to engage... But I've not used this style of base personally, and it honestly looks a bit flimsy just from pictures.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, B1rdhunter said:

What brand of bandsaw?

I’m giving the Harvey Alpha a shot. 

On 12/23/2021 at 2:05 PM, BonPacific said:

I'm not aware of anything after-market that matches the single-step SS integrated stand. I have a Grizzly "Heavy-Duty Mobile Base" which I actually took my bandsaw off of since it ended being more trouble than it was worth. Grizzly does have a new "Bear Crawl" base with a pair of toe-flip-stops which look to be much nicer than the "locking" casters on the old base. Two steps rather than one, but it's at least less than four and should be a lot more secure than just the casters.

Delta has a three-wheeled base with a single step to engage... But I've not used this style of base personally, and it honestly looks a bit flimsy just from pictures.

Thanks! The Grizzly looks decent. I’m also going to check the dimensions to see if the bandsaw footprint could work with the SS mobile base.