My Mini Beep

woodbutcher74

When I first joined this forum I stated in my intro that I was working on a Mini Beep. Well here it is. I saw the plans on the internet and thought it would be fun to build something different. I ordered the plans and got started. It's made from 3/4" plywood. About 5 sheets. Got all the parts cut out and it came together better than expected. After assembly I filled all the screw holes with quick setting epoxy and sanded everything smooth. Next came the finish. I put on two coats of oil based exterior grade primer and two coats of oil based enamel. Next came the the final assembly. I put on the axles and drive train. Filled the motor with oil and gas and took off on it's first run. After driving it around the yard awhile it was time to take it back to the shop for some tweaking. After some minor adjustments it's ready to go. It's considered an amphibious vehicle but the weather has turned cold and the water around here is way to cold to try that part out. Can't wait for spring. All in all it was a fun project and every time I take it out people stop and can't believe I built it myself.

post-14026-0-70163100-1384095814_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looks like a fun toy. Did it use riding lawn mower parts?

Finish looks great!

No, I purchased the parts from the place I ordered the plans. Struck Kit sells the plans and all the parts you need to complete the project. The plans tell you that you can customize it any way you want, and they encourage you to do so. I'm not that resourceful so I just ordered all the parts from them. The paint job was applied with roller and brushes. No spray equipment. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...