Off and on woodworker

NTexRob

My forum name kinda gives away my location. I am an off and on woodworker. I will be in it hot and heavy for a couple of years, and then for some unknown reason, let the tools collect dust for a couple of years. I always seem to come back to it and very much enjoy it. The only thing I can guess is that I can never find woodworkers in my area that I have a lot in common with. When you are in your 30's, it seems that my age group still hasn't found their niche and are not interested in woodworking at all. I have always been interested in working with wood since watching my grandfather in my youth. I have tried a lot of hobbies and always come back to this. My wife is partly responsible for my resurrection this time because she wanted a new fireplace mantle built, and as I finish it, she has suggested me building all new kitchen cabinets. 

There are tons of us thirty-somethings involved...we're just involved online.  Woodworking clubs and guilds in your physical area smell like coffee breath, Preparation H and red oak.  Cool if that's your thing but it's definitely not mine.  Online is the place to be for the young modern woodworker.  This forum helps to keep me interested even when I'm too busy to get any shop time.  Welcome aboard.