Setting up a PM2000 in the snow (6 simple steps)

Beautiful looking saw! I bet the butt cheeks were a little tight while it was suspended in the air. Oh, and I know how much fun it is running back and forth between the shop and garage in the cold. Got 20,000 steps on my Fitbit last Saturday. 

PS - Now I can see why you weren't happy with the concrete work :(

• Like 1

> Hahaha.   Nice job.  Congrats on the new tool.  Where are you located?

Nice - looks like the northeast is heading for a warm up next week so hopefully that snow will start melting.  I have to take the scenic route to my shop these days because walking across the yard would require snow shoes.

FWIW I would suggest building a drawer for the RH wooden part. They tend to sag after a few years. If you make a drawer with plywood on edge to mount the guides across the full depth it will prevent sagging and give you space for junk at the same time.

Sounds like a good plan. I will definitely do that. Thanks for the tip.

Congrats on the new toy!!....er....tool. I can't imagine dealing with snow like that.  My secretary sent us all an email today in the office and it was titled "Winter in Russia".  Houses buried, cars under 15 feet of snow, and power lines 2 feet off of the top of the snow.  Crazy.

Thanks. If I can't get hold of a shop crane do you think there is any chance of building a ramp and rolling the beast off the palllet when it arrives? Can't tell from your pics if that is a plywood or cardboard covered pallet that it was shipped on.

COB, no cardboard on the pallet. The only reason i needed a gantry was because of the balloon tire cart height. If it was just off the pallet to the floor it would be fairly easy as PB mentions. Be sure you undo the bolts from the pallet to the machine before lowering the casters. You can damage the caster lift if you force it while bolted. Let us know when you get it set up!