Dinner table journal ... Here we go!

bushwacked

Somewhere is a web calculator that estimates by species. I have seen it posted here before but never followed the link.

Edit: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/links/ Halfway down the page.

http://www.woodworkerssource.com/movement.php Another.

http://workshoppages.com/WS/Articles/Wood-Movement-Charts.pdf One more.

Thanks for the links!

So sorry I wasn't following this journal till now, learned a ton just reading the thread. You going sockless in the workshop (badass)? Was the domino all that? I don't deserve one, but I am eyeballing the heck out of it online. I am one bourbon away from dropping the coin...

So sorry I wasn't following this journal till now, learned a ton just reading the thread. You going sockless in the workshop (badass)? Was the domino all that? I don't deserve one, but I am eyeballing the heck out of it online. I am one bourbon away from dropping the coin...

The domino was very nice. It made quick work of my mortises. Probably 20 mins and it was done. If I did a lot of M&T joints and needed them quick to save time and money on projects it would be well worth it. For me though I still have awhile before that happens and I need other tools before that so it is on my list but just not top 15 at the moment.

I did not realize you had all those stretchers when we were talking clips. My apologies if I missed that through ignorance. After seeing the pic, what Pug is suggesting is a great route. If you did not have the pockets showing, I would even recommend a flat slot screw for a traditional look.

I did not realize you had all those stretchers when we were talking clips. My apologies if I missed that through ignorance. After seeing the pic, what Pug is suggesting is a great route. If you did not have the pockets showing, I would even recommend a flat slot screw for a traditional look.

Stretchers?

Are you referring to this pic?

08e0720ca519766f7c1a18760faf9ee2.jpg

If so.... That is from Pugs build. Not mine.

Couple of gaps to fill....

Lots of things look better wet, Tee shirts come to mind !

If you mean the bench .. That was pre glue up. Just got done with the dry fit. So those gaps went away once clamped. Well at least I hope they stay that way haha.

Haha yes I would agree with that

Awesome progress!

Thanks!

So far from the measurements from corner to corner to check square ..

Table is about 1/16 from square.

Bench is about 1/16-1/8 from square

So I think that is doing pretty good!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting more shop time today!

f901f686d4487b406623dc9bd3bc56e5.jpg

Question. I put the block on the bottom in the keep the legs sqaure during glue up and have left them there while it's been sitting and waiting for me to work on it. I assume it's safe to take those out for good now? The legs should be ready to go and now bow in or anything?