Allow Me to Introduce Myself

TimberMagic

I'm new here -- looking for a more active forum than a couple I belong to!  I've been woodworking since the 60s, but probably most active in the last 10 years since kids grew up and left the home, giving us more time for hobbies.

I've had a pretty complete shop for many years, with most of the typical tools like a table saw, miter saw, jointer, planer, band saw, etc.  My first major tool was a radial arm saw, which I purchased in 1976.  It still holds a prominent role in my shop, but jsut for crosccutting.  The arm has not budged off 90 degrees in years. I bought a lathe about 3 years ago and that has been such a fun addition to my woodworking efforts.

Last year I drank a bit of the green Kool-Aid and bought a Festool track saw. We are started remodeling our home and my next big project is a wall of base cabinets in our study. Next up is a Domino and probably some sanders.

I'm retired, my wife just retired,and  so we have lots of plans for the year, including an upcoming trip to Europe and our youngest daughter's wedding in July.

Lee

I'm new here -- looking for a more active forum than a couple I belong to! I've been woodworking since the 60s, but probably most active in the last 10 years since kids grew up and left the home, giving us more time for hobbies.

I've had a pretty complete shop for many years, with most of the typical tools like a table saw, miter saw, jointer, planer, band saw, etc. My first major tool was a radial arm saw, which I purchased in 1976. It still holds a prominent role in my shop, but jsut for crosccutting. The arm has not budged off 90 degrees in years. I bought a lathe about 3 years ago and that has been such a fun addition to my woodworking efforts.

Last year I drank a bit of the green Kool-Aid and bought a Festool track saw. We are started remodeling our home and my next big project is a wall of base cabinets in our study. Next up is a Domino and probably some sanders.

I'm retired, my wife just retired,and so we have lots of plans for the year, including an upcoming trip to Europe and our youngest daughter's wedding in July.

Lee

I'm reading the second paragraph about all the tools but kind of reading ahead and saw "I drank "and just knew you were going to say you had to sell all of them

Wow, I appreciate all the welcomes and kind comments!  I am pleased to see from the responses that this forum is more active than several others I frequent.

Where to start?.  Maybe a few of my projects from the recent past.  As I mentioned, I got into wood turning just a couple years ago.  I started making pens, and then started doing bigger "spindles".  Seems like all I do is turn some kind of spindle.  

The first picture is my latest turning, a handle for a unhandled bowl gouge I bought maybe 6 months ago.  My goal is to get beyond spindles and do some bowls next. Next are a couple reversible screwdrivers I made for the guys in the family for Christmas.  I bought the plastic-handled screwdrivers at Home Depot (a few $ each), and "Dremel'ed" off the handles,and epoxied the sockets into my own handles. The ferrules are copper -- a coupler on one, and a drilled-out end cap on the other.  The 3rd picture is one of my peppermills. I have a real fascination with making built-up blanks from various hardwoods. 

That's probably enough for now ... my next big project is cabinets in our study, using the Festool track saw to breakdown hardwood-veneered plywood.  I'll include a picture of my large "MFT" style of workbench, which has a CNC-machined top using the 20mm hole grid popularized by Festool when I get started.

post-16847-0-81594600-1421884020_thumb.j

post-16847-0-72545700-1421884192_thumb.j

post-16847-0-69632900-1421884308_thumb.j