aftermarket fence recommendations

Brendon_t

Well I'm pretty much done screwing around with the stock fence on my delta 36-650.

The darn thing is mostly useless. My table top is dead nuts square tp the blade yet the fence cannot be made to run square to the blade. There are two adjustment screws on the T- locking side which are both unable to be securely locked down. I've tried to loc tight them and still they back out within a week.

I have been looking around and I really like the Biesmeyer fence system. I see that they make one for the Unisaw but haven't seen anything saying it will fit the contractor model. Does anyone know if 1) the Unisaw fence will fit and 2) have any other recommendations of quality fences that are not overkill for a contractor saw? I plan to keep this saw as long as it will allow.

Thanks. B_T

I use the Delta T-2 on my saw, which is a small version of the Bies.  I really like it.  There are many T-Square style fences available that you maybe able to adapt your table saw for.  The Vega and Shopfox fences are both viable options.

I'll put a plug in for the VSCT fence.  Don't let the stupid name fool you...they're awesome fences.  I love mine.  A very small business and Allan is a cool dude and quite helpful.  Email him if you have questions.  They most likely have a t-square that will work with your saw.

http://vsctools.com/shop/table-saw-fence/

The Biese, Unifence, and T2/T3 should be direct bolt-ons to your saw.  The Vega is a nice fence that's usually priced better than a BIese, and is easier to install than most....it has a great micro-adjuster.  The Shop Fox Classic is a decent Biese clone that saves some money compared to a Biese.  HTC and Saw Stop T-Glide are other possibilities.

I own the Shop Fox Classic Fence on my unisaw. (found here: http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-W2005-Classic-Standard/dp/B001UE7K1M)

Its a great fence and I really like it. I thought about going with the tube fence systems that my unisaw came with but everyone complains about them except for a few die hards who swear they are "fine if you do it right" where 'doing it right' means fine tuning the things to an amazing degree. The shop fox fence was square out of the box and has not come unsquare at any point in the last 3 years since installing it. Locks up solid, nothing bad to say about it really.

I'm not even sure if Vega is still around. I got mine for the Craftsmen saw I bought over 20 years ago and just sold the saw and fence a couple of years ago (I got the fence around 1995-97). Doing a quick search came up with a lot of options. I'm sure you could even find a good used one. Good luck.