Supermax 19-38

Chet

I think I am going to purchase the 19-38 in the next month or so.  I did have a couple of questions for those of you that already own one.

First, do any of you have the table extensions or do you find  them un-necessary.  Second I noticed that the motor is 20 amp.  Every outlet that I have in my garage is 20 amp but no 2 tools are on the same circuit.  Will the sander be okay on a 20 amp circuit by itself or is the 20 amp that Supermax states at no load and I am probably going to need more.

I certainly hope the extension tables on my 37x2 are going to be worth all the effort I am putting into attaching them! I have a performax model, and while everything is virtually the same between the supermax model and the performax model, they changed the conveyor bed brackets so the bolt pattern is slightly off. Ive been replacing a ton of crap to accept these new tables. The whole mess is going to cost me $450 when its all said and done, what a headache.

Anyways, despite all my complaining, I would vote towards the extension tables. My sander is twice the size of yours, and it is easy for longer pieces to lift up into the sanding drums on entry and exit. Im talking about sanding things that are 4-6' long and 30" wide that are unwieldy with one man. Depending on your work, I would think the tables should be an excellent addition.

Listen to Eric.

Get the tables, you will be glad you did. On long runs they help to fight off snipe. On short runs its nice to have the table so pieces don't fall on the floor. Besides, when you become old and fat you cant run around the sander like you once could to catch falling wood. :P I have them on my Delta.

-Ace-

Don't listen to these cheapskates...just get the damn tables.  It's better.

I'm on 20A.

Yea I not being a Cheapskate, it was more of a money wasted question  :wacko:  And with them not folding out of the way when not in use, the larger footprint.  But I guess it would  be nice to have a place for coffee and beer with out it rusting.

• Like 1

If you don't have the space for them, that's understandable.  Otherwise there's no reason not to get them.  Would you be waffling on the decision to get tables on a planer if they were optional?

PS...if you're worried about "wasting" money, you've got the wrong hobby my friend. :)

• Like 2

I am a dope.  I don't know what I was thinking, for some reason I had in my mind that they were $200 - $300 extra.  I have no idea were that figure came from.  But I was looking on their website and I see they are $99... decision made.  I have no problem wasting money but I want to waste it on things I need, Not on things I don't need  :P  :P  :P

• Like 1