Should i seek professional help?

First of all I think we all need professional help, how often do we get off over a pice of wood? That did not come out right but get what I'm trying to say, when we buy a tool for the shop is it a want or need, I think most of us it is a want because we pretty well have almost everthing we need to do the job, I want a new band saw, don't need one I have one, just want a bigger one, I want a bigger shop, don't need one have one, and so on, it's like my wife needs a new pair of shoes, she don't need any her closet has a wall stacked to the top with shoes, but she wants new ones to match her one suit, So is it a want or need? I need another cup of coffee, not that I want it, I need it to get moving,

• Like 1

First of all I think we all need professional help, how often do we get off over a pice of wood? That did not come out right but get what I'm trying to say, when we buy a tool for the shop is it a want or need, I think most of us it is a want because we pretty well have almost everthing we need to do the job, I want a new band saw, don't need one I have one, just want a bigger one, I want a bigger shop, don't need one have one, and so on, it's like my wife needs a new pair of shoes, she don't need any her closet has a wall stacked to the top with shoes, but she wants new ones to match her one suit, So is it a want or need? I need another cup of coffee, not that I want it, I need it to get moving,

I agree. I dont NEED another bandsaw but it is being delivered this week. We are sick i tell ya, SICK! !
  • Like 1

I agree. I dont NEED another bandsaw but it is being delivered this week. We are sick i tell ya, SICK! !

We're all sick. That bit set is nice, a bit high priced. I want the festool countersink bits with the stop collars. They are so nice, but at 70 bucks a piece I cringe thinking about buying one. Doesn't mean eventually I won't give in and get them. 

I have some of the snappy countersink bits, I'm not overly enthralled with them, however I find there's a lot of redundancy in woodworking tools. I however haven't been disappointed with a single Festool product yet. Everything is high quality, feels good, works great, and everything integrates with each other. 

We're all sick. That bit set is nice, a bit high priced. I want the festool countersink bits with the stop collars. They are so nice, but at 70 bucks a piece I cringe thinking about buying one. Doesn't mean eventually I won't give in and get them.

I have some of the snappy countersink bits, I'm not overly enthralled with them, however I find there's a lot of redundancy in woodworking tools. I however haven't been disappointed with a single Festool product yet. Everything is high quality, feels good, works great, and everything integrates with each other.

I totally agree. Festool is da bomb. I love every tool i have of theirs and i have a small fortunes worth.

I totally agree. Festool is da bomb. I love every tool i have of theirs and i have a small fortunes worth.

Funny, I'm arguing with a guy on reddit right now about Festool. I think one might have killed his brother or something the way he thinks they are useless. 

Pretty sure that is the website slogan "Festool haters welcome"

I'm in that age group where everyone I know is on FB and thats how we communicate. I hate it but can't seem to avoid it. Reddit is just a place for lazy people to find links that are collected and reposted every five seconds. However the woodworking sub has some very cool guys and a lot of great advice. Similar to here. 

• Like 1

They make this thing called a phone and you can actually hear a voice on the other end. Sometimes they have to put me on hold so they can tweet though?

An Instagram instead of a hug? Not for me!

The day phones go away forever will be my favorite day. I hate talking on the phone. I'd rather drive an hour to have the same convo than deal with a phone conversation!

I guess you'd have to hear me on the phone to understand. I'm just not good on it. I am not even the same person. It's just awkward silence and inability to speak correctly. My mom had the same problem.

Wait, which of you am I handing my $200/hr to for help?

I guess you'd have to hear me on the phone to understand. I'm just not good on it. I am not even the same person. It's just awkward silence and inability to speak correctly. My mom had the same problem.

Wait, which of you am I handing my $200/hr to for help?

For this one it'll only be $120 an hour. Or you can be like most of my other friends and come over for free therapy. It happens a lot. 

• Like 1

I think if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it right. We must all sit around a large campfire. (bring your own cutoffs and scraps to burn) and everyone will have a chance to talk about their need for help. Only the person with the talking stick may speak. Now, since we're all woodworkers we'll all overcomplicate things and make our own talking sticks, which will lead to conversation related to techniques, wood types, glue used, which tools were involved, how long it took, which bandsaw is better, which router and sander should I buy. Nothing will get accomplished in the talking circle and we will complete the infinite loop of madness we call woodworking.

1 rule.... No talking about Lie Neilsen vs Lee Valley (Veritas)

• Like 1

I think if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it right. We must all sit around a large campfire. (bring your own cutoffs and scraps to burn) and everyone will have a chance to talk about their need for help. Only the person with the talking stick may speak. Now, since we're all woodworkers we'll all overcomplicate things and make our own talking sticks, which will lead to conversation related to techniques, wood types, glue used, which tools were involved, how long it took, which bandsaw is better, which router and sander should I buy. Nothing will get accomplished in the talking circle and we will complete the infinite loop of madness we call woodworking.

1 rule.... No talking about Lie Neilsen vs Lee Valley (Veritas)

This sounds like a great idea. We can all being our festool collections and use the systainers stacks as campfire benches and tables making us feel even more justified in the ridiculous amount of money we spent on them.
  • Like 1