I blame Tom Cancelleri.....

Dude whats wrong with you?? Domzilla not necessary? You gotta rethink that. Its incredible. Seriously one of the best tools ive ever layed my hands on. Imagine how much you like your of2200, you would like the df700 even more.

I've got the df500. I haven't built anything big enough to warrant massive dominoes.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Holy crap you score the deals. First you get the router of the century for like 300$ and now this! Same blade set her is 67$ plus 15% tax.

They have a ras.115 sander for 230 new in a classic sys. They are clearing it old discontinued stuff. The manager said he'd rather discount all the stuff than send it back to Festool because he would need to pay all that shipping and do paperwork.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

You guys definitely make it hard on someone who's trying to practice a little restraint.  I went on a tool-buying moratorium a few months ago and vowed not to buy any new tools until after Thanksgiving.  So far I've been successful but it's tough.  Luckily I'm at the "want" stage...everything I need I already have.  That helps.

But I do hate you both for buying those routers.  I've wanted one for years.  I hope you both got splinters today.

Hey THIS is the guy who is always telling the newbies "if you don't want to spend money, you've definitely picked the wrong hobby!!!" :) that's funny.....I'm as bad as you Eric.....I love to buy tools...and just for the record....who said anything about 'need'? "Need" has many definitions.

Hey THIS is the guy who is always telling the newbies "if you don't want to spend money, you've definitely picked the wrong hobby!!!" :) that's funny.....I'm as bad as you Eric.....I love to buy tools...and just for the record....who said anything about 'need'? "Need" has many definitions.

Hey I've spent my money.  I spend like a rapper when it comes to tools...I'm just taking a break to prove to myself the world wouldn't implode if I didn't impulse buy everything I've ever wanted in my shop. :)  So far the world still remains but there is this emptiness inside me.  There's a void, Jerry.  There's a void.

• Like 1

Hey I've spent my money.  I spend like a rapper when it comes to tools...I'm just taking a break to prove to myself the world wouldn't implode if I didn't impulse buy everything I've ever wanted in my shop. :)  So far the world still remains but there is this emptiness inside me.  There's a void, Jerry.  There's a void.

"I'm aware Eric....I'm aware!!!"

post-2896-0-84253400-1437316363_thumb.jp

==>don't have a need for the ras. Maybe power sculpting?

The RAS is like owning a power washer... Not sure why you would need one, until you have it -- then can't quite figure how you've done without it... I don't use the RAS much in the shop (maybe not ever), but for DIY, boat maintanance, etc it's a beast... For the small stuff, I've got an army of pneumatic sanders, but for the bigger stuff, the RAS is go-to... A couple of years ago, decided to refinish the garage doors -- the RAS blasted the 20+ years of paint away in no time flat... But you've got to be careful with the thing -- you can sand through 20+ years of paint plus 1/8" of door in seconds...

BTW: there are plenty of deals on retired FT stuff available... The RAS is still current, just not in the old systainer... Same for the jigsaw blades, those marked Trion are discounted... I've got some marked Trion and some marked Carvex (the new 'hot' name) and really don't notice a diference... However, I've got some Bosch and some DeWalt and very much notice the diference... Although I do like the Bosch jigsaw... Much of the sale stuff is old-style systainer-based... So once those are gone, don't look for these killer prices to happen again for years... If you want some green Kool-Aid, now is the time...