Forum Update

I'm not sure what the white up arrow on a green background isgreenarrow.thumb.PNG.b739974e245bb5ab426. When you click it a white down arrow on a red background appearsredarrow.thumb.PNG.cd3a74c05f463328024d2. Is that the like button? If not I've not found a like button yet.

Also the signature facility on the bottom of posts has disappeared too.

I think that's the "like" button.

• Like 1

usernames:

The new setup uses just one name. I had to pick whether to use your login name or your display name. I went with your login name simply because changing to your display name would have meant many of you wouldn't know how to log in. I figured this was the lesser of the two evils. So all you need to do is go in and change your username if you want it to display differently.

Arrow up/green Button:

This is the new like button. It's like a thumbs up on Facebook. Same concept.

Does anyone know what screen size this is designed for? I have to scroll over to get to the new content button on some pages.

It's a responsive site so it's designed (supposedly) for all screen sizes. In reality that means there are always a few oddball sizes that will get the scroll bar. My suggestion would be to resize your window a bit and try to find a happy medium that isn't too painful to use.

• Like 1

Marc. On iPad if you hit the back button, it reverts back to the old format, just a heads up for what I am sure will be a long list of minor fixes.

You might try clearing your cache and let me know if it still does it.

Where is the RSS feed for "all-forums-by-latest-post"?

Looking into it.

Any idea if we are able to post bigger pics than 100kb with the update now?

To my knowledge, you have always been able to upload larger than 100kb. I believe it was set to 2MB. Was that an issue previously? edit - just realized you might be talking about the profile image, which was set to 100kb. I increased that to 1MB.

Edited by thewoodwhisperer

You might try clearing your cache and let me know if it still does it.

Looking into it.

To my knowledge, you have always been able to upload larger than 100kb. I believe it was set to 2MB. Was that an issue previously? edit - just realized you might be talking about the profile image, which was set to 100kb. I increased that to 1MB.

Ahhh damn youre right. Ive been resizing all my pics to 100kb because i thought it applied to all pics. Woops. Lol. I wondered why my pics were always so small compared to everyone elses.....

Just found that adding a photograph by Insert Other Media>Insert Media from URL times out. On the old forum you could just paste a link to your own photos so they showed up larger than ones uploaded direct into the forum (they normally showed up as thumbnails that you had to click on to make bigger - advantage would be not to use up any of the forum disk space.

Just found that adding a photograph by Insert Other Media>Insert Media from URL times out. On the old forum you could just paste a link to your own photos so they showed up larger than ones uploaded direct into the forum (they normally showed up as thumbnails that you had to click on to make bigger - advantage would be not to use up any of the forum disk space.

Noted. Happens for me too. I'll add it to the list.

Here's something interesting. When a page loads in landscape mode on iPad images display in a light box which allows you to quickly browse through them. When a page loads in portrait mode on iPad images replace the current page. 

PS - tried to upload screenshots from iPad but they hung uploading. 

Marc, the pics in all our old posts, specifically "project journals" will eventually propagate? They are all just showing as smiley faces.

Any chance you can send me a link to one that's not populated? I just did a sample of about four different posts in the Project Journals area and they all had images.

Yeah it could be. Only so much I can do for the Tapatalk users unfortunately. I do have the latest version of the plugin and if the problem persists, I can contact their support team to see what we can do.

Where is the RSS feed for "all-forums-by-latest-post"?

Ok so each forum has its own RSS feed and those seem to be working properly, such as this one: http://www.woodtalkonline.com/forum/4-general-woodworking-talk.xml

But when I try a top-level rss feed, for like our general woodworking category of forums, it shows posts from 2011, which is dumb. Here's that fee: http://www.woodtalkonline.com/forum/3-woodworking-talk.xml

I'll try to get to the bottom if it.

Talked with the forum people and this is a known bug. They say there should be a fix released on Monday or so.