Berger Board

Dyami Plotke

Very cool, Dyami!  Definitely one of those projects that falls into the "too nice to use" category...especially since we know the abuse a board like that will take.  But it looks awesome...at least for now. :D

Thanks, Eric. It's a wedding present for my cousin & his fiancé, so while I'm building it to be ridable with what I understand to be good hardware, I'm certainly hoping it lives its life on a shelf.

This turned out fantastic!  How did you get the logo on?  I assume it is the couples initials?

I had a graphic designer friend of mine adapt my cousin's own personal logo (he's a graphic designer). He added my cousin's fiancee's initials and their wedding date. I used the ink jet transfer technique Steve Ramsey shows in this video. https://youtu.be/Zq2O66QGCwg

Dynami, Really cool looking board! The core consists of 2 pieces of 1/4" ply? What determined the angle of the kick?

Thanks, the core is actually two layers of 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood. The kick is made by clamping the layers of the board over a 3/4" thick space attached to the bottom torsion box during glue up. The actual angle is set by eye and not an exactly measured part.

SWEET! All of the pics so far are of the bottom. Is the deck going to be a surprise?

No, the whole thing is a surprise. The photos are of the bottom as that's where traditional skateboard graphics go. The top has the same purple heart / tiger maple pattern, but with no graphic. Here it is, pre finishing. 140b368efb80528d35b7a7897730dbc3.jpg