SEARCH results missing

PeteJr

==>try searching for 'john deere

I just searched for 'john deere' and received a post from Nov 6, 2011 by PeteJr including 'John Deere'.

That being said, I do agree that search can be hit or miss... I too have searched for content that I know exists, but can't find it... Doesn't happen all that often, but it has happened...

Edited by hhh

There are several user groups or categories in this forum, as in apprentice posters, journeyman posters, master posters and then users, moderators, mentors, administrators. In most forum systems, the admin control panel lets the administrator set the search scope for each group. Maybe the OP, Mike and I belong to groups with limited search capabilities, while the others who had tried, have full search enabled in their groups (they are all mentors or administrators).

So weird. I have a test account that I use that's nothing more than a typical member account. Search results show the same whether I'm logged in or not and they also show all results, not just a limited set. The only setting this software allows with regard to search is a site-wide setting. I have it set to unlimited. So this is something specific to the accounts in question. I'm going to rebuild the search index. Might take a while. In the mean time, how about those who are having issues clear their cache and cookies and try again.

EDIT

After running the rebuild, I tested both Pete's and K Cooper's accounts by logging in as them (an admin feature) and both are seeing the same search results I see on my regular admin account. Can you guys confirm? If the results are different, it's got to be a local setting or cacheing issue.

Edited by thewoodwhisperer
  • Like 1

No clear trend here. Cleared cache and cookies. Searched unlogged. Search terminated June, 3013 after 7 hits ("John Deere") and featured an ad at the end of the list. Logged in, the ad disappeared (yay supporter feature) and now the search extended into 2011. Cleared cache again and logged in first and the entire list populated. 

Edit: Repetitive cache clearing seems to bring greater likelihood of list population. This definitely might be interactivity with iOS cache system on my particular device. 

Edited by C Shaffer

So weird. I have a test account that I use that's nothing more than a typical member account. Search results show the same whether I'm logged in or not and they also show all results, not just a limited set. The only setting this software allows with regard to search is a site-wide setting. I have it set to unlimited. So this is something specific to the accounts in question. I'm going to rebuild the search index. Might take a while. In the mean time, how about those who are having issues clear their cache and cookies and try again.

EDIT

After running the rebuild, I tested both Pete's and K Cooper's accounts by logging in as them (an admin feature) and both are seeing the same search results I see on my regular admin account. Can you guys confirm? If the results are different, it's got to be a local setting or cacheing issue.

Marc,

It's working now!  ( I cleared the cache and cookies)

Hurray and Thank You!!!!!

Edited by PeteJr