Stupid people on craigslist!

I am in the market for a jointer. 6" works fine for me, have a bench top 6" delta. Need something bigger than that as need longer beds.

the intent (as any  educated person would see) was to inform I am not stupid and can do my research. I was not hostil, just informitive. If he would have came back with a you are right, but trying to recoup some money (being up front) I would have had to make an offer. But seeing how he got defenisve right off the bat shows any offer made would have been an insult to him.

In the end the guy is a D**K....plan and simple. As a seller he should have acted more professional, maybe he would have sold it. But people who get the free shipping from grizzly, or claim to start high knowing it is way over what it is worth are stupid. 

One doesn't have to start high. They can simply state firm at a fair price, or start $50-$100 high and go from there. But $200 more than new, and clearly states it is used but calls nee is a turd.

not my place to fix stupid. My post was to feel out if I am alone or with others in seeing if my view of the seller is in fact a dip ****. Also for the record, yes peevs me but still laugh at the stupidity lol. 

You know, the more I think about it, the more offended I am that you think you have the right to complain about what people are asking for their used machines.  That's their business to choose a number, and your business to accept or decline.  Beyond that it's none of your business.

Don't like the offers you see?  Go drop the coin on a new machine.  Stop whining dude.

• Like 2

"I won't bother to post my reply to the jerk lol. Had some strong  language  pointing out is stupidity. "

"The intent (as any  educated person would see) was to inform I am not stupid and can do my research. I was not hostil, just informitive."

Clearly i'm immensity under educated. 

If you need to play hall monitor of CL, have fun,  but don't be surprised when a seller tells you where you can stick your unsolicited information.  

• Like 1

Well this is how I will close out my response.  

First I am glad to see MOST agree the seller was way off mark with asking price. I am not alone in thinking that a used machine being sold is retarded to be asking that much.

as for some of the members commenting on my points....to each his own. But the fact remains, if there was a unlike button that would throw postings down the lost. IE a checks and balance system the site would be a lot better. To answer somes point, I do have the right to point out the stupidity of it. Why??? Becaise how I was raised and how/what I was taught in the Army if you see a problem you either fix it, point it out, or speak up. If more people did this the world would be a better place. I was neither crying nor attacking the guy. Was making a simple  observation. The turning a blond eye or claiming it is not ones business is no different than people who watch as onlookers as another person is being attacked on the street in my opinion. So if someone is BEYOND shady yeah I am going to say something about it. And I guess to that said person being you can't comment on the posting itself. 

But as I said before, if the guy replied with a  professional  rebuttal  I would have replied with an offer. But seeing how people get butt hurt over the truth I guess he doesn't get a chance of making a sale with me. And that is ok, as I don't want to even deal with a person like that when money is involved.

I am sorry if some feel offended by my mindset of speaking up to things that are wrong. But there are a few more of us left in the country. So it is what it is. By the way I think it is funny more than irritating, even some of the cmments here lol. 

I'm guessing there is tax too.   I've seen a lot worse things on craigslist.

That isnt at what he is doing, though.  He isn't listing a $25 item for $700.

he is saying it is a tactic/action he is ok with. Not saying he is doing it with this item, but the fact is he says he is ok with it. Thus commenting on his outlook and how it equals with how the bankers and other shady people think.

Between small buttons on iPhone and auto correct, I should refrain from posting till I get home lol. 

Sorry for the typos and grammer. 

The point is it's a complete waste of your time to worry about it, and a complete waste of OUR time to complain about it here.  Do you seek out the manager of your grocery store to complain about the cost of avocados?  Do you write your congressman because tires are too expensive?  Do you whine at the cashier at Walmart because the GI Joe with the kung fu grip is $19.99 yet it cost Hasbro only 75 cents to make?  NO.  Of course not.  You either buy it and deal with the price or you don't buy it and don't give it another thought.  It's ridiculous to care one way or the other.  Get over it.

There is nothing to get over. 

I pointed it out to  establish the foundation of how not to be treated, IE not an idiot. As I was looking to barter online for it prior to looking at it and/or buying. The guy got offended by being corrected on the facts/truth.

I am in the market for a larger jointer. 

And as pointed out by others, the guy is out of his mind. Could I have opened with a more feel good way of it, sure, but everyone needs to grow a thick skin and stop being so offended at everything.

As for complaining about it here. My first intention was to feel out fellow wood workers as a way to see if I was the crazy one for seeing it this way, or if the seller was nuts. As I am able to take  constructive criticism over things. And willing to charnge my way of thinking if the facts support it. Because I do have an open mind. 

No I don't point out stupid things as you  mentioned . But I have writen my  congressman  For more  serious things. 

I have no clue why it bothers you so much asking thers opinions on it. But the fact of scroll by and foget about it is a lame way of livingn life. Again was looking to buy, not fight. He started that direction not I. I was happy to post his replies being I thought others would get a good laugh as I did. Sorry I shared...not really lol.   

The army teaches you to point out stupidity?

The infantry does. Either the one in question fixes it, or is shamed into fixing it by a leader. 

It is a tactic that thicker skined Soldiers have to deal with small things. Larger things take more drastic  measures . 

But again it wasn't about making him feel stupid, it was about him knowing I am not. 90% of people shopping wont pull out their phone and have something price matched at a store that does that. But the store won't be forthcoming to do it if you don't ask for it. 

How crazy would it be if a store clerk got offended if you asked for a price match from another store? No different with someone selling on CR! If a guy is dumb enough to ask more than retail. He should be prepaired to have people point out that it is more.

but to each his own.  

The infantry does. Either the one in question fixes it, or is shamed into fixing it by a leader. 

It is a tactic that thicker skined Soldiers have to deal with small things. Larger things take more drastic  measures . 

But again it wasn't about making him feel stupid, it was about him knowing I am not. 90% of people shopping wont pull out their phone and have something price matched at a store that does that. But the store won't be forthcoming to do it if you don't ask for it. 

How crazy would it be if a store clerk got offended if you asked for a price match from another store? No different with someone selling on CR! If a guy is dumb enough to ask more than retail. He should be prepaired to have people point out that it is more.

but to each his own.  

I wasn't aware the army was so democratic. Sounds like it could get confusing when rank enters the situation.

Edited by Brendon_t

There is nothing to get over. 

I pointed it out to  establish the foundation of how not to be treated, IE not an idiot. As I was looking to barter online for it prior to looking at it and/or buying. The guy got offended by being corrected on the facts/truth.

I am in the market for a larger jointer. 

And as pointed out by others, the guy is out of his mind. Could I have opened with a more feel good way of it, sure, but everyone needs to grow a thick skin and stop being so offended at everything.

As for complaining about it here. My first intention was to feel out fellow wood workers as a way to see if I was the crazy one for seeing it this way, or if the seller was nuts. As I am able to take  constructive criticism over things. And willing to charnge my way of thinking if the facts support it. Because I do have an open mind. 

No I don't point out stupid things as you  mentioned . But I have writen my  congressman  For more  serious things. 

I have no clue why it bothers you so much asking thers opinions on it. But the fact of scroll by and foget about it is a lame way of livingn life. Again was looking to buy, not fight. He started that direction not I. I was happy to post his replies being I thought others would get a good laugh as I did. Sorry I shared...not really lol.   

but to each his own.  

I think you were wrong, and should be willing to change your actions not necissarily your way of thinking. Is the guy nuts? Maybe... maybe not. Maybe that guy has debt and bills to pay, and maybe getting top dollar is a must for him. But really...what it boils down to, is it is his item and he can put whatever rediculous price tag he wants on it and shouldn't have to explain it to a complete stranger. No, I don't think you are the "crazy" one. Yes, I think you crossed a moral boundry if you cussed a guy out for selling his item at his asking price that he didn't force upon you.

• Like 2

I agree it's ridiculous to get your panties all bunched up over it.  What's the difference to you?  Has absolutely no impact on your life.  Have a turkey sandwich and think about something else.  Relax.

Came here to say this.

On the other hand.. I don't know about OP, but some days work is slow and I spend my entire day trolling people online. The man sees injustice and is here to right it. We are fortunate that he fights these battles for us. 

Edited by Cliff

What injustice? Is there some Law in america that I am not aware of that states what price I can ask for my goods? Do me a favor....don't fight that battle for me. I don't want to lose free trade in the land I live in.

if I wanna ask 500 bucks for a rotton banana at my garage sale I shall. And anyone who wants to complain about it can talk to the hand. Its my item and my peragotive. 

Right on, Brother.  Exactly my point.  Don't like the price of my banana?  Go find yourself another banana.

What injustice? Is there some Law in america that I am not aware of that states what price I can ask for my goods? Do me a favor....don't fight that battle for me. I don't want to lose free trade in the land I live in.

if I wanna ask 500 bucks for a rotton banana at my garage sale I shall. And anyone who wants to complain about it can talk to the hand. Its my item and my peragotive. 

Thought it was obvious I was a joking but whatever. Why is everyone so upset at a guy for doing exactly what the CL seller is doing - exercising his own rights? Why care so much about what the OP is doing and tell him he needs to stop caring what the seller is doing? I'm guessing he will feel like he won't want to come back.