Stupid people on craigslist!

Dear Pork Chop Guy,

I was just browsing through this forum and came upon your ad for the semi-digested pork chop.  I feel compelled - obligated - to tell you that I find the price you're asking for this pork chop to be outrageous, egregious, PREPOSTEROUS.

You are trying to BILK people out of their hard earned money, sir!  Dangling a juicy, half-eaten chop in front of our faces when you know damn well we're all hungry and you damn well we love chops!  How dare you, sir!  How DARE you?!?

The fact is, I REALLY WANT what remains of that pork chop.  But I only wanna pay a nickel for it.  I feel the deepest frustration and anger that you have what I want but you won't give it to me for the price that I desire to pay!  So instead I will waste this five minutes of my life and your life writing a note to someone whom I'll never meet nor whom will care one iota of the words I speak.  But at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU know that I know that YOU know that I know! that you're a GIANT PAPER PLATE PORK TEASE with your stupid paper plate and your stupid juicy pork!  Good day, sir.  I said GOOD DAY!

Dear internet troll,

I would like to take a moment to inform you that my price is still firm. You may purchase this delicious pork chop for the price of $500, or 500$ canadian. As stated in the ad, I have no actual need to sell this pork chop.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate the tone you have taken with my ad or my choice of plate. You sir are the preposterous one. I will request that in the future, you should learn to save your money as to afford such a delicious and juicy pork chop. A mere nickel will not even buy you a sniff at the greatness that is MY pork chop!

To you I say, GOOD DAY!  

• Like 2

Dear Pork Chop Guy,

I was just browsing through this forum and came upon your ad for the semi-digested pork chop.  I feel compelled - obligated - to tell you that I find the price you're asking for this pork chop to be outrageous, egregious, PREPOSTEROUS.

You are trying to BILK people out of their hard earned money, sir!  Dangling a juicy, half-eaten chop in front of our faces when you know damn well we're all hungry and you know damn well we love chops!  How dare you, sir!  How DARE you?!?

The fact is, I REALLY WANT what remains of that pork chop.  But I only wanna pay a nickel for it.  I feel the deepest frustration and anger that you have what I want but you won't give it to me for the price that I desire to pay!  So instead I will waste this five minutes of my life and your life writing a note to someone whom I'll never meet nor whom will care one iota of the words I speak.  But at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that YOU know that I know that YOU know that I know! that you're a GIANT PAPER PLATE PORK TEASE with your stupid paper plate and your stupid juicy pork!  Good day, sir.  I said GOOD DAY!

Dear plate hating knight,

I read your forum post about the sad, despicable, yellow bellied pork chop half digester that you referenced.  I am dropping this note today to show you my support in tackling this evil in the world. You have made it your personal mission to confront all that is wrong with this world, it is juicy tyranny like this that has caused most of the worlds problems including world hunger and stubbed pinky toes. Please continue to police the dark deep recesses of the Al Gore machine and send these  under digesters a piece of OUR mind. You are no longer an army of solitary loneliness on this quest alone, I appreciate all you do for us.

PS, I am hosting a pepper plate hating party via Skype once a week once my parents finally finish the lights in the basement.

I see bunched undies on the forum group and misrepresentation to boot. OP, you have been accused of cursing. I missed it. Did you edit it out? You wanted to buy a jointer so all I see is haggle. The last response got more sarcastic and was potentially not helpful, but I won't engage in the Chinese telephone going on. I would not have sent the last response but would have moved on. I would not have posted here because this thread proves hostile to the concept. I would send for advice like this in a PM to someone in the know. 

I have felt out a person or two with a link to new sales.

EDIT: I include an offer with these links. "Because I can get new at this price, I will offer you X. Let me know what you think." I think this communicates the haggle and not the lecture  

I have seen corrections and been blown off. Your version of haggle is mine Eric, but that is not what comes to me. The OP's version is what grumps at me. "I can get twice that for that price in town!" And I say "Then go to town, my price is firm", or "What'd you have in mind?" You almost sound like you live in Canada Eric?

Edited by C Shaffer

Thought it was obvious I was a joking but whatever. Why is everyone so upset at a guy for doing exactly what the CL seller is doing - exercising his own rights? Why care so much about what the OP is doing and tell him he needs to stop caring what the seller is doing? I'm guessing he will feel like he won't want to come back. 

I will come back, not going anywhere.  LOL good laugh out of some of these. 

• Like 2