Stupid people on craigslist!

Carus, read his first paragraph of his first post. He reveals that he used strong language. That means he cursed. No accusations here, just fact.

Cursing is strong language? Turns out I am the strongest man to ever live.

They say you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...and I find this to be true, almost without exception.  I always start transactions off on the right foot.  Otherwise you may as well not start at all...because you won't get anywhere most of the time.

I dunno.. You were pretty rude to me. Remember when you forced me to pay less?

They say you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...and I find this to be true, almost without exception.  I always start transactions off on the right foot.  Otherwise you may as well not start at all...because you won't get anywhere most of the time.

Yes, but if you atomize pure vinegar and spray the flies with it, they will drop to the ground and be free for the taking. 

You get posts like this on the fishing forums I frequent and they correlate directly with when the fishing is bad / the slow season. But woodworking is a year-round thing, no?

You just have to have a good BS detector on CL. I've had great experiences and actually met some really cool people.

I've had a couple flakes and a few things seem different in person, and even some crazy people when I sell stuff. Had a guy try to tell me my fridge was too expensive and that the Sears Outlet had one for just a bit more. I told him great, you should go buy that one, because I have two other people waiting in case the person coming to pick it up today is a flake.

For the deals I find on stuff, it's well worth weeding through the crazy people. There's a guy that's had a benchtop Delta drill press listed for $250 for many months. I always chuckle at the ad. It did not affect my ability to find a floor model Delta for $100 from a very nice lady clearing her garage one bit.

• Like 1

I will still continue to use CL. And yes meeting cool people and getting good deals still happen. I myself have bought many of things at an awesome price from CL. Just seems more and more people are being stupid and posting more crap these days.

my issue with the said post on CL is guy blatantly lies calling it new all the while in the same listing claims to have run wood through it and even damaging the machine. Even if just a badge/decal.   

Then asks more than retail lol. That right there is grounds for me to send him some sound facts, and feel him out. 

This thread is very interesting. I see alot of crazy overpriced items on CL. The ones I'm interested in, I either make an offer, or just pass it by, if the price is way out of line. If it is way out of line, I don't want to waste my time trying to haggle. I also have sold many items on CL. I put a fair semi-inflated price because as everyone knows, most people like to haggle. In the end, I get a fair price for my item, and the buyer gets a fair price on his purchase. On the ads that are just way overpriced, or more than new, I mostly ignore, but I do see people calling them out, right on CL, so any potential buyers will see the scam. I am not sure how I feel about calling people out about it. I myself posted an ad on this forum for an item I bought by mistake, and wanted to recoup my money. The only response I got was a forum member hitting me with the reason why my asking price was too much. He did not make an offer for the item, and I'm pretty sure he had ZERO interest in even wanting it. But he did have the time and ambition to do an intensive search of the item new, and felt I should know that I was trying to scam people on this forum. I lowered my price on CL, but thought it was odd for this guy to call me out, without even making an offer. My peeve on CL is people mis- describing their items. I just shake my head. Wheel Barrel Latter Saw saw And so many more. BTW, there is a thread on the Canadian Woodworking forum talking about the same thing with prices. I think the name if the thread is Crazy Kiijji prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is very interesting. I see alot of crazy overpriced items on CL. The ones I'm interested in, I either make an offer, or just pass it by, if the price is way out of line. If it is way out of line, I don't want to waste my time trying to haggle. I also have sold many items on CL. I put a fair semi-inflated price because as everyone knows, most people like to haggle. In the end, I get a fair price for my item, and the buyer gets a fair price on his purchase. On the ads that are just way overpriced, or more than new, I mostly ignore, but I do see people calling them out, right on CL, so any potential buyers will see the scam. I am not sure how I feel about calling people out about it. I myself posted an ad on this forum for an item I bought by mistake, and wanted to recoup my money. The only response I got was a forum member hitting me with the reason why my asking price was too much. He did not make an offer for the item, and I'm pretty sure he had ZERO interest in even wanting it. But he did have the time and ambition to do an intensive search of the item new, and felt I should know that I was trying to scam people on this forum. I lowered my price on CL, but thought it was odd for this guy to call me out, without even making an offer. My peeve on CL is people mis- describing their items. I just shake my head. Wheel Barrel Latter Saw saw And so many more. BTW, there is a thread on the Canadian Woodworking forum talking about the same thing with prices. I think the name if the thread is Crazy Kiijji prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, ive had guys call me out via craigslist for selling things for more than I bought them--ahem, Marshal Bergad. One of the reasons I avoid posting prices these days. Craigslist is a funny place; take it with a grain of salt and don't get too worked up. I think it is an effective market for reasonable people.