BCTW HP-9!!!

Llama

9 hours ago, estesbubba said:

Now you're just showing off and it's awesome. These tools are definitely unique and cool looking. So how do you change it to higher angles? 

I think you should do a live Google Hangout on air to show these off. 

I will make a video of this plane. I have one planned for the others as well. This one will be first, and the HP-6 will be next.

In short, the blade has two angles built into the blade. I'll make the video tonight. 

==>^^^

Like to see that... Would really like to see the multi-profile plane... I'm starting to accumulate profile and molding planes, so appreciate the form...

I'm not in the market for one -- I was quite serious about dropping tools... As much as I would like a BCTW plane, I just wouldn't trust myself owning one...

Note: for those that haven't used profiles/molding/etc hand planes, the 'crispness' of the result is really impressive... I spent a long time using a router before the aha moment... Today, unless it's hundred's of linear feet, I'll grab the hand plane over the router... The results are really that much better...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hhh said:

==>^^^

Like to see that... Would really like to see the multi-profile plane... I'm starting to accumulate profile and molding planes, so appreciate the form...

I'm not in the market for one -- I was quite serious about dropping tools... As much as I would like a BCTW plane, I just wouldn't trust myself owning one...

Note: for those that haven't used profiles/molding/etc hand planes, the 'crispness' of the result is really impressive... I spent a long time using a router before the aha moment... Today, unless it's hundred's of linear feet, I'll grab the hand plane over the router... The results are really that much better...

I once dropped my Festool TS75 off my workbench I swear little angels slowed it down before it hit (Actually the hose and boom arm) slowed it's descent and it lightly just touched down without as much as a scratch. If I were you, I'd get the HP6 and some profiles and the following. =)

Olympus_202315_Adjustable_Wrist_Strap_12

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I once dropped my Festool TS75 off my workbench I swear little angels slowed it down before it hit (Actually the hose and boom arm) slowed it's descent and it lightly just touched down without as much as a scratch. If I were you, I'd get the HP6 and some profiles and the following. =)

Olympus_202315_Adjustable_Wrist_Strap_12

Or just hook it up to the CT and boom arm. .

9 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Where's the video Mel? I can't see no video :(

Sorry. I've been swamped this weekend. I'll get something together hopefully tonight.

Just the HP-9? or the HP-6 as well? Any interest in an HP-10 video? Or, would an overview be best? 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...