Roger Heitzman Table

Janello

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

simply awesome job john, top to bottom it's a great piece and will last for generations, you set the bar pretty high for the rest of us!

Thanks Dave !

That's very flattering since usually the only bar I am known for setting a standard at serves alcohol ! :P

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Amazing work the drawer and the piece below it look like they were meant to be matches up really well. Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the top? I thought you explained it but i don't remember seeing a picture.

Thanks CN! 

I didn't take any good pics of that but it was pretty simple. I just used dowels for the front legs and a rabbeted strip in a groove in the back apron, screwed to the top in 4 places. 

On 5/1/2016 at 10:22 PM, Janello said:

Ross, I'll be using a 1000g platin pad with a 50/50 mix of Mineral Oil and Mineral Spirits. Same thing Eric did with his blanket chest.

When you do that, what is the process? you mix up the stuff, then dip the pad in there then do a light rub with the grain? Or is it a wax on/wax off type situation? 

Thanks Ace ! 

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

When you do that, what is the process? you mix up the stuff, then dip the pad in there then do a light rub with the grain? Or is it a wax on/wax off type situation? 

I put the mixture in a spray bottle, shake and mist it on the surface of the wood pretty liberally. Then rub lightly by hand with the platin pad and wipe off excess with a clean folded white t-shirt rag.

It's easy to try on a test board..you'll see, the results are instant.

• Like 1