Roger Heitzman Table

Janello

4 minutes ago, Janello said:

Thanks Kev !  I must admit I was nervous having to do them on the curved surface. I had that extra test leg to try some on, and that helped, but I was still sweating it out until it was finally done. 

Always awesome when you get lots of use out of a mistake! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bushwacked said:

great work so far! Your friend is a lucky person ... is he on the boards here or will this be a complete surprise? 

Thanks BW! It's a complete suprise. He doesn't have a clue I am building this for him. His outside salesman and I discussed this as something he would have a need for.

I just plan to show up at his business with it. Only thing left is to fashion a handle and put a finish on it. I ordered a new can of satin ARS and S1000 platin pads today so I should have this wrapped up and delivered some time next week.

The next pics you see here will be the finished piece.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

John, that looks terrific! What exactly do you mean by "buffing it out"? I thought satin ARS was just a lay it on and let it dry sort if thing.

Ross, I'll be using a 1000g platin pad with a 50/50 mix of Mineral Oil and Mineral Spirits. Same thing Eric did with his blanket chest.

2 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Sweeeeeeet John ! You have any other pics of the pulls? Is it just a piece of ebony glued to the walnut?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's all it is. Nothing to complex. I just shaped the walnut for comfort. I was going to inlay the walnut a bit, but the initial result of just stacking the two looked clean and appealing enough to not bother.

handle.jpg

• Like 2