Moving to Colorado


Recommended Posts

Moving to Colorado soon. Actually have a place already.. Just waiting for the current house to sell.

Where are the good lumber yards in Fort Collins area?

Thanks, and if you're in the area see you soon! 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Llama said:

Moving to Colorado soon. Actually have a place already.. Just waiting for the current house to sell.

Where are the good lumber yards in Fort Collins area?

Thanks, and if you're in the area see you soon! 

 

Dude, you've gotta at least wait until that free dado comes your way. Just (re)shipped this afternoon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

so is that temporary and moving abroad still on the table?

Should be there forever. I certainly hope so at least. 

 

34 minutes ago, pridmore said:

Dude, you've gotta at least wait until that free dado comes your way. Just (re)shipped this afternoon. 

hahah, I'll be in Wisconsin for at least another month. House goes on the market Thursday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
I've been in Ft Collins, CO for about a week now. I love it! Going to visit some lumberyards this week, and see what's out there!

Awesome ! How big a space do you have for your shop there? You might have told me but I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

space

We made the decision to rent for the first year here. We could end up moving in a year depending on the wifes job.. Basically, if she gets a helluva offer, we're moving in a year. Which could very likely happen...

We currently have a two-car garage, she doesn't care about parking in it.. but I'm not buying anything big until we are in the next house. So, the space is moot... I have plenty of room to set up a bench to work on a few things I have planned. For instance, I'd like to work on my hand tool skills for a bit... I do have a project coming up, it will be very interesting without a tablesaw, but I should be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Llama said:

We made the decision to rent for the first year here. We could end up moving in a year depending on the wifes job.. Basically, if she gets a helluva offer, we're moving in a year. Which could very likely happen...

We currently have a two-car garage, she doesn't care about parking in it.. but I'm not buying anything big until we are in the next house. So, the space is moot... I have plenty of room to set up a bench to work on a few things I have planned. For instance, I'd like to work on my hand tool skills for a bit... I do have a project coming up, it will be very interesting without a tablesaw, but I should be fine. 

Sounds like it's time to buy a JMPv2

Link to post
Share on other sites
We made the decision to rent for the first year here. We could end up moving in a year depending on the wifes job.. Basically, if she gets a helluva offer, we're moving in a year. Which could very likely happen...

We currently have a two-car garage, she doesn't care about parking in it.. but I'm not buying anything big until we are in the next house. So, the space is moot... I have plenty of room to set up a bench to work on a few things I have planned. For instance, I'd like to work on my hand tool skills for a bit... I do have a project coming up, it will be very interesting without a tablesaw, but I should be fine. 

That makes sense. Atleast you have a space to play with your sweet handtools.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -MattK- said:

"matts basement"

You just want someone to take care of you since you're all laid up now! :) 

I know the drill, call Mel, he likes tacos... seen it a hundred times!

3 hours ago, bradpotts said:

some shop time

I might take you up on that. Lots of stuff is up in the air right now, once things are settled we should get together. I'll bring my tote of hand planes. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a great lumber yard! It's about 5 minutes from the house, and they have everything! In addition to being a great lumberyard, they are also a Sawstop and Festool dealer. They also have the usual stuff Woodcraft carries.. glue, router bits ect.. I was blown away when I went in there. Nice people, great selection and overall good pricing on the things I'll be needing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Llama said:

Found a great lumber yard! It's about 5 minutes from the house, and they have everything! In addition to being a great lumberyard, they are also a Sawstop and Festool dealer. They also have the usual stuff Woodcraft carries.. glue, router bits ect.. I was blown away when I went in there. Nice people, great selection and overall good pricing on the things I'll be needing. 

I guess we know where you will be hanging out!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.