Bowfront medicine chest

Mick S

10 minutes ago, micks said:

Thanks, Alan. On our instructor's recommendation, I used Titebond 3 for all the bending and veneering. Almost zero springback and no toxic shtuff to worry with. I had plenty of time to position everything (planning is key) and left all the glue ups overnight in the press.

Thats great to know. Some of that veneering glue is pretty nasty.

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

That is probably the most unique bathroom I've seen. It fits perfectly and looks great. Are the drawers under your sink mesquite as well?

It is different. Our house was designed and built by two guys - one an architect and the other an artist. They loved precision formed concrete. The whole bathroom is concrete (with a little porcelain thrown in for comfort). I always think of a horse trough when I see that sink.

Yes, the drawers are mesquite with ambrosia sides. I made them right after we moved in. When I saw the wall cabinet Matt Kenney built for the Fine Woodworking article I knew that his design would complement the drawers, which are also curved front.

7 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Wow! Not only is cabinet beautiful, you nailed it in the "design to compliment the environment" category as well!

Thanks! The wife is happy with it!