$18 Festool hose sleeve

Cochese

nope, cause it's easy to use, and works well with other accessories!

I personally wonder if they changed the connector for imperial US version of their tools. That's the only FT I have with a different plug, and the only one that is imperial.

What I found incredibly annoying is the Festool 1400 router has a different plug on it. So the one I shoved through the sleeve is useless on it. But yeah I think I'm over the cord under the sleeve thing. But I do like the idea of the sleeve and the velcro-ing of the cord. But really, I need a boom arm more than anything.

Different plug? Its a different gauge. Just run the16g wire as that fits with all the tools. The 18 gauge only fits with the smaller tools. Problem solved. I only use one with with all my Festools and between you and me, I have a lot of Festools. :-)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Cliff said:

What I found incredibly annoying is the Festool 1400 router has a different plug on it. So the one I shoved through the sleeve is useless on it. But yeah I think I'm over the cord under the sleeve thing. But I do like the idea of the sleeve and the velcro-ing of the cord. But really, I need a boom arm more than anything.

Thre are only two sizes of Festool power cords (in various lengths). The 18AWG and the 16AWG (both are labeled on the cord) The 16AWG fits ALL their power tools. The 18AWG does not. Run the 16AWG with your hoses in the sleeve in a 27mm and 36mm hose and youre good to go.

Thre are only two sizes of Festool power cords (in various lengths). The 18AWG and the 16AWG (both are labeled on the cord) The 16AWG fits ALL their power tools. The 18AWG does not. Run the 16AWG with your hoses in the sleeve in a 27mm and 36mm hose and youre good to go.

Now he'll be double sure

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Different plug? Its a different gauge. Just run the16g wire as that fits with all the tools. The 18 gauge only fits with the smaller tools. Problem solved. I only use one with with all my Festools and between you and me, I have a lot of Festools. :-)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

This is good to know guys. I did not realize that. I just made an assumption about Imperial vs. Metric versions. 

• Like 1

Just did my 36mm hose with the 16AWG cord in it and the 2" Cleancut TechFlex worked but was a pain to get on. Going a tad larger would have made it easier. The 50mm/2" heatshrink tubing didnt fit at all. Ordering 3" that shrinks done to 1.5" from McMaster now (LINK). That should work perfectly.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, socoj2 said:

is the cable for teh TS75 difference size than other PlugIT cables? at least i have to use the cable that came specifically with the saw?

It is a 16 AWG and can be used with any Festool power tool.

7 hours ago, davestanton said:

The light weight cable is easier with finish sanders.

There really isnt much different between the 16AWG and 18AWG power cord, and if its going to be run in TechFlex along side a hose there is no difference at all.