$18 Festool hose sleeve

Cochese

For me it was less the hose and more fitting it over the ends. I could get the 1.25" flex over the 27mm hose but it'd never make it over the fittings. Also i ran the cord in line with the hose so you want some space for that if you so choose.
 It's nice having the cord wraped in with the house makes it all 1 package.

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

For me it was less the hose and more fitting it over the ends. I could get the 1.25" flex over the 27mm hose but it'd never make it over the fittings. Also i ran the cord in line with the hose so you want some space for that if you so choose.
 It's nice having the cord wraped in with the house makes it all 1 package.

So you didnt remove the ends first? Why not?

Also if you guys need/want another source, one of the authorized TechFlex dealers has both products here: LINK and LINK

Also this stuff looks like a better heatshrink option: LINK

I would also suggest using a zip tie on the ends connecting the cord to the hose to that should the cord be pulled away from the hose over time or from a yanking on it the stress will not be on the heatshrink alone.

I did remove the ends but there was two parts to the end and i didn't care to dig into it more then removing the larger rubber part. I'm sure i just missed something and it's really easy but i needed space for the cord and the 1.25"stuff was just to small. Now i'll have to use ot to organize some really messy cords ... dang!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bumping this thread. Did the 27mm hose a while ago and love it. Just never got around to ordering the Techflex for the 36mm hose. I used 1.5" for the 27mm and it fit fine with the cord into, but I tried it on the 36mm and it was just too tight and a pain to fit on. So to those that have done their 36mm hose, did you use 2" Techflex or 1.75"?

4 hours ago, Cliff said:

I bought a 1 1/2" for the 35mm hose - it's stuck half way on. I'm going to have to cut it off. It could be because I included a festool cord running under it. Either way I had undesirable results :)

Yep, tried that and had a similar result. Ordered the 1.75" for the 36mm hose. Its not here yet but we'll see how that goes.

18 hours ago, Cygnus A said:

So 1.25" for the 27mm with power chord or 1.5"?

I used 1.5". Might be able to squeeze 1.25" around there but itll be a pain and not necessary. The 1.5" is not lose or anything once its on with the cord and hose in it.

I know this isnt exactly constructive input, but i just wanted to go on record as probably the only person who didnt like having the hose and cord in this sleeve at all. I used it for about a month and took it back off.

The sleave makes it pretty stiff. Sure its snags a little less but i still found myself having to divert the hose in one way or another, and position the vac right for each operation. And be sure to leave enough plug-it cord slack at the tool end. Certain tools like the OF1010 with the edge guide style dust catcher require a ton of extra cord to reach the end of the router handle. And this extra length was annoying on other tools. Also if youre just using youre CT as a vacuum, the cord is always there hanging around.

I just have a few velcro straps holding them together now which are easily removed or adjusted for different uses.

My 2 cents.

731035708a4dcd4954a32e3844a2e62d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What I found incredibly annoying is the Festool 1400 router has a different plug on it. So the one I shoved through the sleeve is useless on it. But yeah I think I'm over the cord under the sleeve thing. But I do like the idea of the sleeve and the velcro-ing of the cord. But really, I need a boom arm more than anything.

What I found incredibly annoying is the Festool 1400 router has a different plug on it. So the one I shoved through the sleeve is useless on it. But yeah I think I'm over the cord under the sleeve thing. But I do like the idea of the sleeve and the velcro-ing of the cord. But really, I need a boom arm more than anything.

So, the router is equivalent to an iPhone 6?