$18 Festool hose sleeve

Cochese

4 hours ago, davestanton said:

I feel a video coming on. I'll make you famous @Cochese !

I know others have done the sleeve, but I wasn't aware of anyone combining it with heat shrink. So, I don't want you getting in trouble claiming I had an original idea here.

Combining the tape and the heat shrink might be a good idea too. I don't think the sleeve will work it's way out under the heat shrink, and the shrink doesn't appear to be in danger of catching on anything or tearing. Would be some insurance if it did though.

Did you end up ordering the hose off the Amazon link you posted a few weeks ago and what diameter did you get?

I got 1.25" and it was too small 1.5" was the ticket.

Techflex 1-1/2" Clean Cut Sleeving 25 ft. Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0008JF8U0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vu4eybDPKBB3B

Had plenty of extra. I'll use the extra and the 1.25 other places this stuff is great.

• Like 1

I got 1.25" and it was too small 1.5" was the ticket.

Techflex 1-1/2" Clean Cut Sleeving 25 ft. Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0008JF8U0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vu4eybDPKBB3B

Had plenty of extra. I'll use the extra and the 1.25 other places this stuff is great.

You're on the forum while doing your exam? Crazy wanker !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

There's a potentially non-insignificant price difference. I was willing to wait to save $30 or so.

I ordered mine from the U.S. Also i was on lunch break, i got done early and had an hour and a half.