A Bathroom Cabinet

bushwacked

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, wdwerker said:

Colored caulk or Color Putty .

If you are painting with latex (or something similarly flexible), caulk would be fine. However, if you are using a finish that will cure hard, applying that over a flexible filler like caulk will lead to cracking. Ask me how I know...

Though as I re-read this, I see that his suggestion is for COLORED caulk, which implies it would go on AFTER the paint, which would work just fine. Squishy stuff on the outside, hardstuff on the inside. It's like a backwards blow pop.

-E

• Like 1

Got all the styles and rails cut.

fd11d323f197ebe5f02116944cdb9a2e.jpg

Need to finish fitting the panel tomorrow.

96bbf65cdb30c40fb6e9a51797079eab.jpg

And after watching a refresher on mortise and tenon .... I didn't do it right haha. All them I watched did it this way but they also had a true mortise haha. Going to remake the rails tomorrow and not cut off the edges of the tenon so it's flush.

c2a2b84bd4d55869fe9b552e6013551b.jpg

Gotta love learning but won't make that mistake again ... hopefully. Plus it's only poplar so I ruined like .25 in wood haha.

• Like 1

If you have a decent drill press euro concealed hinges might work well for you. Figure out how much the hinge edge of the door overlaps the face frame. Then measure the amount the face frame hangs in from the side. I would be glad to walk you through the set up to drill the 35mm cup holes. They make those hinges with the soft close feature built in to them.

• Like 1