Bathroom Vanity

bradpotts

Nice clean work. Looks really good in that bathroom(with the flooring and the mirror trim).

Thanks! I am excited to see yours finished!

Nice looking cabinet.  What did you use for draw slides?

I used undercount/centermount because all the plumbing was in the way. I wish I was able to do the plumbing too. Then I could have moved it how I wanted.

• Like 2

Nice looking vanity !

I have pissed off a few plumbers off by planning the only path for their pipes and pretty much forcing them to locate the rough in exactly. I convinced the client if the wall is open now is the time to get it right .  I built the vanity to not waste an inch of space inside.

• Like 2

Excellent vanity!  One thing that caught my eye...from doing the housework for 7 years while SWMBO worked.  The shelf will catch dust, hair spray, dust and hairspray, etc.  Doesn't take much unless you clean every couple of days.  JMHO.

I do like the planning of the water and drain lines; very neat.  Plumbers get paid by the hour so they would get more; wouldn't they need to be more precise to bring the lines in the bottom than through an open back?  BTW, our bath vanities don't have backs!

Plumbers call that type of vent "squawkers".  I never used one, or have any experience with them, but always wondered if there was a real reason for the nickname.   I always turned the drain as close as possible under the sink drain straight to the back wall, and have the trap right against the back wall.   I designed the houses that I built, and there was always access to plumbing underneath, so both supply and drain went down close to the wall, rather than into the wall and then down.   Every bathroom had a utility "closet" under it.  It was a pretty big selling point for my houses.  I never kept one longer than 2 weeks once I put a price on it.

Excellent vanity!  One thing that caught my eye...from doing the housework for 7 years while SWMBO worked.  The shelf will catch dust, hair spray, dust and hairspray, etc.  Doesn't take much unless you clean every couple of days.  JMHO.

I do like the planning of the water and drain lines; very neat.  Plumbers get paid by the hour so they would get more; wouldn't they need to be more precise to bring the lines in the bottom than through an open back?  BTW, our bath vanities don't have backs!

I am pretty sure that the shelf is to put baskets on. It is a vacation house so it won't get daily use and I am sure they have cleaners who will clean it for them.

Plumbers call that type of vent "squawkers".  I never used one, or have any experience with them, but always wondered if there was a real reason for the nickname.   I always turned the drain as close as possible under the sink drain straight to the back wall, and have the trap right against the back wall.   I designed the houses that I built, and there was always access to plumbing underneath, so both supply and drain went down close to the wall, rather than into the wall and then down.   Every bathroom had a utility "closet" under it.  It was a pretty big selling point for my houses.  I never kept one longer than 2 weeks once I put a price on it.

I asked them if they would go to the back wall and go down but I guess my suggestion got overlooked. I don't know "squawkers" about plumbing that is probably why my suggestion was just that.