Lie Nielsen Open House

LazarusDB

On 6/29/2017 at 11:22 AM, LazarusDB said:

Hi all,

Anybody going to the Lie-Nielsen open house next weekend? The drive is shy of three hours for me and was thinking of making the trek. For those that have been before, do they offer discounts if purchasing there?

Thanks,

Aaron

I haven't been to the open house but I did buy a couple of planes at the store last fall and got a 10% discount.

I've purchase from them at the annual tool show at Philip Lowe's FIM, here in MA. They don't offer discounts at the event. With some tools (only one at show) they take orders and ship from Maine. As for issues with upsetting local retailers. I believe they only have two in all off the USA now. I was going to drive up (3 hrs) and take in the lobster bake and demonstrations, but the lobster bake sold out to quick. It should be a great time in a beautiful part of the country.

It's an amazing show of the brands worth that they can NEVER have sales and are still so successful.  Even LV has free shipping frequently, plus their black Friday deals, even Festool has some sales...Liam Nealson just turns their nose to all of that nonsense.

11 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

It's an amazing show of the brands worth that they can NEVER have sales and are still so successful.  Even LV has free shipping frequently, plus their black Friday deals, even Festool has some sales...Liam Nealson just turns their nose to all of that nonsense.

True, but there not the same type of business models. LN makes and sells only a small number of products in there line. They do offer a few, high quality manufacturers, but not many. As for shipping. LN has always been reasonable. A LN Catalog is tiny compared to the LV Catalog. Plus LV has purchasing/shipping deals with the manufacturers they carry, which helps to offset the cost/loss when they have the no shipping, sales etc. We need to remember that woodworking is only 1 part of LV's total business. They may not have the same footprint as some of the bigger retail stores, but, they can and most likely do take advantage of volume deals. 

• Like 1