I couldn't resist. I saw it and had to do it.

Tom Cancelleri

Flint wasn't addidng Lead.  But it's the old catch 22 of democracy, the populace isn't holding the government accountable enough.   Separate topic, different rant. 

But yeah, bottled water is one of my trigger topics, LOL.  But if you're ok buying a product at roughly a 10,000% markup over what comes out of your tap, then that's your choice.  As long as you have a specific and valid reason, and taste is one of them, then that's ok.  It's when people buy this stuff because they think it's better for you, when it's usually the identical water, that's when I lose my mind. 

Wake up Sheeple!  :)

2 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

My dog will pass a freshly filled bowl to drink from the toilet !  

I gave up years ago trying to fill the dogs water dish.   It seemed to evaporate before shed drink it.   The toilet bowl was at a better height I guess

• Like 1

While trying to find a humorous response to this, I stumbled upon and rediscovered the fact that a lot of ice cream uses secretions from the anal glands of beavers for flavoring. 

There's probably a reason why I forgot that the last time I learned it. 

3 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

They should make "Butt flavored" cat and dog food !

17 minutes ago, rodger. said:

@Eric. sounds like you need a Berkey! I've had mine for a while now and I love it. Its a purifier, and the filters (99 cdn) last 6 years.

I actually looked into those a little bit.  @Tom Cancelleri has one too.  From all of my research they sound like great systems.  I'm just lazy and the Mountain Valley delivery is too easy.

• Like 1

If you had to drink the sewage that comes out of a midwestern industrial city...you might not be laughing so much.  I use tap water when I make coffee or I cook, otherwise I drink bottled water the rest of the day.  I order 5 gallon glass bottles from Mountain Valley and have them delivered every couple months.  Sounds ridiculous, but it's yummy water.  So good.  Tap water tastes like...I don't know...it's gross.  And who knows what's in it.

Why dont you install a home filtration system at your water entrance? Much easier. Also, it's probably safer to be drinking that water than bathing/showering in it. We are on a well but i have a filtration system in the basement and we have a reverse osmosis system at the kitchen faucet. Its great.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Why dont you install a home filtration system at your water entrance? Much easier. Also, it's probably safer to be drinking that water than bathing/showering in it. We are on a well but i have a filtration system in the basement and we have a reverse osmosis system at the kitchen faucet. Its great.

Probably something I'll be looking into eventually.  Too many other expenses on my plate at the moment.

We got rid of cable more than a year ago...and that was more than the cost of the water...so that's how I justify it. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back when I lived rural I had a similar set up to Shane - well water in, 20 micron filter, 5 micron filter, softener, UV light, then off to the home supply. Kitchen also had a 4 gallon tank with an RO system - best water I've ever had. The problem with RO is that it wastes 66% of the water it uses (flush water). It's no prob if water is free (well), but sucks if you are paying the city for it.

• Like 1

Back when I lived rural I had a similar set up to Shane - well water in, 20 micron filter, 5 micron filter, softener, UV light, then off to the home supply. Kitchen also had a 4 gallon tank with an RO system - best water I've ever had. The problem with RO is that it wastes 66% of the water it uses (flush water). It's no prob if water is free (well), but sucks if you are paying the city for it.

Exactly what I have. The other day i changed my post filter before the UV to a carbon filter. So now i have a 20 micron pre filter, double tank Kinetico softner, carbon post filter, UV light and then off the the house. Under the sink i have the RO (Kinetico K5) and i added a remineralisation cartridge to put some minerals back in. Im moving in 2 weeks and the next house has the exact same setup !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Doesn't RO require remineralization? The one thing I really love about my Berkey is that it has the fluoride and heavy metal filers, and if you live in the US and have water that isn't well, they're adding fluoride to your water. The Berkey filters that crap out for you. Keeping it full can be a chore depending on where it's located. The water quality and taste is top notch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Doesn't RO require remineralization? The one thing I really love about my Berkey is that it has the fluoride and heavy metal filers, and if you live in the US and have water that isn't well, they're adding fluoride to your water. The Berkey filters that crap out for you. Keeping it full can be a chore depending on where it's located. The water quality and taste is top notch. 

Only if you want to remineralize. Most of the minerals we get are from our food regardless, so I don't feel it's a necessary step. I didn't add minerals to my RO, and I don't add to my Berkey either.

Berkey does an amazing job of purifying water - I love it. I don't have flouride added to my municipal supply, so I omitted buying the flouride cartridges.

I try to add a pot of raw water (coffee pot) every time I make coffee or we have a few glasses. For me it's a convient location, however.

Perfect water almost feels like a luxury, but it is one I could not live without.

1 minute ago, rodger. said:

Only if you want to remineralize. Most of the minerals we get are from our food regardless, so I don't feel it's a necessary step. I didn't add minerals to my RO, and I don't add to my Berkey either.

Berkey does an amazing job of purifying water - I love it. I don't have flouride added to my municipal supply, so I omitted buying the flouride cartridges.

I try to add a pot (coffee pot) every time I make coffee or we have a few glasses. For me it's a convient location, however.

Perfect water almost feels like a luxury, but it is one I could not live without.

The Berkey doesn't strip minerals which is a really nice thing. I usually add a pot full every time I'm in the kitchen after doing something that requires using water. My dogs drink Berkey water as well, having 3 dogs I go through roughly 4 gallons per day in the Berkey between coffee, drinking water, cooking, dogs, etc.