90 degree clampy thingies

bushwacked

I was curious what everyone uses when clamping 90 degree corners when possible ... 

Do you just use something like a combo square to get it right then when nailing/screwing and move on or do you use something like the below?

Rockler-Clamp-It-Kit-Shelving.jpg

I know there are a bunch of the above type variations on the market ... just curious what you all use to make sure you are 90 ... 

I have a few of what Just Bob shows.  I have them in 12" and 8" and have used them for years without issue.  I also have some Rockler ones that came as add-ons with other purchases back when they first came out.  the plywood ones actually have less flex.

59f621286c01c_DogFeeder(35).jpg.840c69771a31a4b1af8b9f01346a42b4.jpg

Here's one in use just a couple days ago.

2 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

I have a few of what Just Bob shows.  I have them in 12" and 8" and have used them for years without issue.  I also have some Rockler ones that came as add-ons with other purchases back when they first came out.  the plywood ones actually have less flex.

59f621286c01c_DogFeeder(35).jpg.840c69771a31a4b1af8b9f01346a42b4.jpg

Here's one in use just a couple days ago.

gee-dub are your clamp protectors glued to the clamps or do you just set them on the bar of the clamp?

17 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

gee-dub are your clamp protectors glued to the clamps or do you just set them on the bar of the clamp?

They are cut so that they snap onto the bar but, still move easily.  I think there is a thread on here somewhere about how I make them in batches; I'll look.

I found this shot of my sophisticated storage method for the squaring jigs.

Squaring-jigs.jpg

• Like 2

I hate those Rockler clamps that fit in a hole. The Match-fit clamps by Microjig fit into a dovetail slot and work great ! They also work in a drilled hole. A bit pricey but quality usually is. 

I use the Bessey corner clamps. They will also clamp " T " and  " X " joints, even ones with unequal thickness parts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I hate those Rockler clamps that fit in a hole. The Match-fit clamps by Microjig fit into a dovetail slot and work great ! They also work in a drilled hole. A bit pricey but quality usually is. 

I use the Bessey corner clamps. They will also clamp " T " and  " X " joints, even ones with unequal thickness parts. 

These? 

https://www.besseytools.com/en/product_details.php?ASIMOID=000000020003ebb200020023&ASIMOID_SC=000000020003eb7d00020023&ASIMOID_MC=000000000001f3f000030023

How do you like them? Good for cabinets and stuff too?

On 10/31/2017 at 11:56 AM, bushwacked said:

that is what I was curious of ... is if the wood jigs will flex enough to ruin your 90 ...

I have not used a wood version but I have used those rockler ones and they do flex.

I picked up some of the woodpecker ones (aluminum) when they were on sale and they have been great. At times I wish the legs were a bit longer but I guess I could have 12" plywood ones for that.

https://www.woodpeck.com/clampingsquare6.html