Veritas medium shoulder plane - sales?

wtnhighlander

57 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I have somehow managed to miss these $1000 Lee Valley gift cards for 800.  Is it usually just the 1k card, and is there a limit on the number you can buy?

They have smaller ones as well, but the bigger they are, the bigger the percent discount. There is a limit of one per customer, but there's no reason you can't get someone else to get an additional one & then give it to you.

I have all three of the Veritas shoulder planes. For trimming shoulders, the Small is the most comfortable and ideal size. At 1/2" wide, it is unlikely that you will need wider. Further, it is a good size to trim mouldings. As an alrounder, and for truing rebates, the Medium is my preference. I find the Large just too ... large for these tasks. It sits on the shelf alongside a Norris infill the same size. Some like to use these planes to trim tenon cheeks. I prefer a chisel or routerr plane. Actually, I prefer a chisel to trim shoulders.

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 1