Rikon 10-326 Review

prov163

Saw mounted to the stand. WooHoo!  My only complaint is that lining up the screws could have been easier if they only increase the bottom of the saw about an inch so the narrow lip would “cap” the base. 

0EC551EF-7EDA-409B-B277-04196A80D8FF.thumb.jpeg.b6fe72c87e6a99f7b9644715998350c9.jpeg

Table is big and beefy. Cleaned the coating off and waxed it. More progress tonight I hope. 

86D052DE-0597-4BFE-90FB-438FE2DE7BFA.thumb.jpeg.009f6ddb3ed97d969f2c19a06145f201.jpeg

• Like 2

I have zero regrets with mine thus far.  It'll be a huge step up from the Ridgid.

The fence will need to be shimmed for square, but it's my understanding that that's standard for all saws and manufacturers haven't figured out how to keep you from having to use masking tape to square their equipment up :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bleedinblue said:

manufacturers haven't figured out how to keep you from having to use masking tape to square their equipment up

Frank I know you are not happy with Laguna because of your drum sander fiasco, but on my 1412 bandsaw there is a small set screw at the base of the fence that allows you to adjust for square.

1 minute ago, Chet said:

Frank I know you are not happy with Laguna because of your drum sander fiasco, but on my 1412 bandsaw there is a small set screw at the base of the fence that allows you to adjust for square.

:mellow:

lol.  I assumed all fences were without a set screw since Eric did his review/rant about his Minimax's fence being out of square and needing shimmed.  The set screw would be a fantastic, dead simple solution to the problem.

9 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

:mellow:

lol.  I assumed all fences were without a set screw since Eric did his review/rant about his Minimax's fence being out of square and needing shimmed.  The set screw would be a fantastic, dead simple solution to the problem.

where did he run off to?

My cheapo grizzly had some screws to help square it up ... 

3 hours ago, Chet said:

From the forum.

1 hour ago, prov163 said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I always appreciated Eric’s input. Maybe he’ll come back. 

35 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

Not likely, lol.

well dang ... I always enjoyed his straight to the point honest opinion, whether you agreed or not. 

I don't remember why, but I remember installing the table to be quite a pain.  I think I put it in place once, then realized I forgot washers, so I had to take it completely off...then re-installed it and had to take it back off at least once more if not twice.  All truly my fault I believe.  I hate setting up and maintaining machines.  Hate hate hate it.

I finished assembly tonight. It was pretty straightforward. Table is flat and was easy to get square and level - it’s also big. Fence system is nice enough with an engraved rule and aluminum fence that offers multiple options for position. BTW, who makes a good miter gauge for the bandsaw?  Incra?

Here it is. Still waiting for the mobile base which is on backorderCE5D3682-F581-49CE-B5A1-D50C2C29E5FB.thumb.jpeg.6a8fffd805426805a7543e11a315d4a4.jpeg

I checked all of the settings and everything was spot on. I really like the blade tension bar. I always wanted one but I wasn’t going to spend that much on my previous saw. A real handy chart on the inside of the door. I keep all of my manuals close at hand but this will suffice for daily operations. 

Still need to adjust the blade guides. It’s supposed to be a very easy process. I’ll let you know. 

0F911864-974D-4FF3-9FC2-ED8C8214C7AF.thumb.jpeg.99910aac1b396bb981f8dd8fc172e771.jpeg

19196B87-E8FB-4615-8803-C08787DADD1E.jpeg

So, I finally got the bandsaw set up last night. Still some tweaking to do but I couldn’t help myself - I needed to cut a piece of wood with it. I hooked it up to the new DC with a short piece of flex pipe so I could have both of them running at 5he same time. WOW what a difference!  Quieter, more powerful. 

I’ll try resawing and some other cuts tonight and post my initial reactions but I’m stoked about these upgrades. 

• Like 2