Rikon 10-326 Review

prov163

First blade change tonight. Took longer that it will as I get used to it but still half the time it took on the old machine. I like the guides. They’re pretty easy to set though the bottom guides are a little harder and dark. Using my little magnetic base LED light helps a lot. 

Gonna cut some curves tomorrow night as part of the “get acquainted” project I’m doing. 

So far, this is a solid machine. Again, my only real complaint is the mobile kit. I’ll deal with it for a while but I see a replacement in the future. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I keep the needed " T handle "Allen wrenches at the bandsaw for the guide adjustments  stuck to a magnet on the back of the machine. Buying a few extra wrenches saves having to track down the set & sort out the right ones each time.

This saw has the Allen wrenches in a holder attached to the machine.  The guide adjustments don't require an Allen wrench.  They have knobs that lock into place.  Pretty easy system once I get used to it.

14 hours ago, prov163 said:

Again, my only real complaint is the mobile kit. I’ll deal with it for a while but I see a replacement in the future. 

Not sure what the Rikon base is like, but for my 10-325 I used one of the better quality universal mobile bases & it works very well. I did a little mod on it by tying the 2 caster jack levers together. I just have to push my foot down once to get things mobile & it doesn't get all wobbly from jacking one side at a time. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, drzaius said:

Not sure what the Rikon base is like, but for my 10-325 I used one of the better quality universal mobile bases & it works very well. I did a little mod on it by tying the 2 caster jack levers together. I just have to push my foot down once to get things mobile & it doesn't get all wobbly from jacking one side at a time. 

With such a well-built machine, the mobile base feels like a afterthought.  Two casters on back with a two-wheeled handle that works on a center pin on the front.  It works but it's clumsy and clunky in my opinion.  But, if that's the worst issue it's easily fixable with a replacement.  The mobile base I bought for the DJ-20 is great.  Still, I'm really pleased with the bandsaw!

On 4/10/2018 at 9:46 PM, prov163 said:

Here’s a picture of the design flaw I mentioned in my last post.

I suppose you could replace the handle with a simple nut (and use a wrench), but that would only gain you a small bit of clearance.

If in use this proves to be an issue, you could make an auxillary fence that's in between the heights of the main fence when vertical and horizontal.

• 10 months later...