Chestnut

Festool TSC 55 Li REB + Airflow Batteries

Recommended Posts

I run my 56 v - 7.5ah lawnmower battery down to 1 bar and get a full charge in about 45 minutes. It's got a cooling fan too. If I run it until the safety cutoff point it takes well over an hour.  Protected Li-ion cells circuit prevents over charging and discharging beyond set points. My 18650 flashlight rechargeables have protection on each battery. Battery packs tend to have protection for all the cells on one board.  Dead battery packs may only have one bad cell but the connections can't be soldered , only welded under certain conditions. 

Glad you are happy with the saw !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review. Very though.  Maybe I missed it but why now to track saws? Ts75a bit big for general use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Great review. Very though.  Maybe I missed it but why now to track saws? Ts75a bit big for general use?

Why 2. I wanted the cordless so when i break down sheets in the garage i don't have to drag the ct vac the house the cord up stairs. Basement shops have awesome climate control but the material loading stinks. As far as in the shop i oddly prefer the ts75. It seems to handle better with the vac hooked up.

I sprung for it with birthday cash and for the shed build. It's paid for it's self on the shed build alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Why 2. I wanted the cordless so when i break down sheets in the garage i don't have to drag the ct vac the house the cord up stairs. Basement shops have awesome climate control but the material loading stinks. As far as in the shop i oddly prefer the ts75. It seems to handle better with the vac hooked up.

I sprung for it with birthday cash and for the shed build. It's paid for it's self on the shed build alone.

That's awesome. I really, really like my 55, Even after the shop fire, kissing the case but have on occasion lusted the ts75 cut depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason I need to stop by, to check out this saw. I have thought it would be nice to have a cordless version since I cut sheet goods out in the driveway so not having a cord would be nice but I always wondered about the power of the saw running on batteries. The other thing I was curious about was the batteries holding a charge. I don't use that saw everyday and it would stink if the day I needed it the batteries were dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

That's awesome. I really, really like my 55, Even after the shop fire, kissing the case but have on occasion lusted the ts75 cut depth

There is a large statement there that i'm curious about but afraid to ask about. The depth of cut is nice but i can't tell you how many times I've needed it as I've never maxed out the TS75 and the tsc55 only cuts ply. I have cut some 2x4s with it and i guess that gets close to it's capacity but there is still a little more that I've never used. I'll have to pay attention to how many times the ts75 goes over 55mm my guess is very infrequently.  I just walked over and noticed that the dept of cut is at 65mm so i guess it does happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah long story I don't think I told. My shop caught fire last year. Damage was contained but my sysainers all burned and the tools were some untouched, some a bit melted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Another reason I need to stop by, to check out this saw. I have thought it would be nice to have a cordless version since I cut sheet goods out in the driveway so not having a cord would be nice but I always wondered about the power of the saw running on batteries. The other thing I was curious about was the batteries holding a charge. I don't use that saw everyday and it would stink if the day I needed it the batteries were dead.

After i bought it and used it a few times it sat for a couple months batteries on the saw and didn't appear to lose any charge. I'm sure it lost a bit but nothing like batteries and tools from 20 years ago.

9 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Yeah long story I don't think I told. My shop caught fire last year. Damage was contained but my sysainers all burned and the tools were some untouched, some a bit melted.

Well it seems like other than some melted plastic everything is good. Hope that it stays that way for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

After i bought it and used it a few times it sat for a couple months batteries on the saw and didn't appear to lose any charge. I'm sure it lost a bit but nothing like batteries and tools from 20 years ago.

That's good to know I will have to start watching for one to come up on the recon emails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

 

Well it seems like other than some melted plastic everything is good. Hope that it stays that way for ya.

On the saw, a few plastic pieces melted down, still works and cuts great. Sander handles are a bit tougher now but the Domino was untouched.

I was very lucky! During a social party at my house,a kid that isn't mine smelled smoke early and found me. That saved the entire house.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

I was very lucky! During a social party at my house,a kid that isn't mine smelled smoke early and found me. That saved the entire house.

No kidding! That sounds like it could have been much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pkinneb said:

No kidding! That sounds like it could have been much worse.

It could have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

So, no more adults only parties? 

No more smoking in the shop during adult parties.. shavings under the bench are kindling..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now