Festool TSC 55 Li REB + Airflow Batteries

Chestnut

I run my 56 v - 7.5ah lawnmower battery down to 1 bar and get a full charge in about 45 minutes. It's got a cooling fan too. If I run it until the safety cutoff point it takes well over an hour.  Protected Li-ion cells circuit prevents over charging and discharging beyond set points. My 18650 flashlight rechargeables have protection on each battery. Battery packs tend to have protection for all the cells on one board.  Dead battery packs may only have one bad cell but the connections can't be soldered , only welded under certain conditions. 

Glad you are happy with the saw !

5 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Great review. Very though.  Maybe I missed it but why now to track saws? Ts75a bit big for general use?

Why 2. I wanted the cordless so when i break down sheets in the garage i don't have to drag the ct vac the house the cord up stairs. Basement shops have awesome climate control but the material loading stinks. As far as in the shop i oddly prefer the ts75. It seems to handle better with the vac hooked up.

I sprung for it with birthday cash and for the shed build. It's paid for it's self on the shed build alone.

15 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Why 2. I wanted the cordless so when i break down sheets in the garage i don't have to drag the ct vac the house the cord up stairs. Basement shops have awesome climate control but the material loading stinks. As far as in the shop i oddly prefer the ts75. It seems to handle better with the vac hooked up.

I sprung for it with birthday cash and for the shed build. It's paid for it's self on the shed build alone.

That's awesome. I really, really like my 55, Even after the shop fire, kissing the case but have on occasion lusted the ts75 cut depth

Another reason I need to stop by, to check out this saw. I have thought it would be nice to have a cordless version since I cut sheet goods out in the driveway so not having a cord would be nice but I always wondered about the power of the saw running on batteries. The other thing I was curious about was the batteries holding a charge. I don't use that saw everyday and it would stink if the day I needed it the batteries were dead.

7 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

That's awesome. I really, really like my 55, Even after the shop fire, kissing the case but have on occasion lusted the ts75 cut depth

There is a large statement there that i'm curious about but afraid to ask about. The depth of cut is nice but i can't tell you how many times I've needed it as I've never maxed out the TS75 and the tsc55 only cuts ply. I have cut some 2x4s with it and i guess that gets close to it's capacity but there is still a little more that I've never used. I'll have to pay attention to how many times the ts75 goes over 55mm my guess is very infrequently.  I just walked over and noticed that the dept of cut is at 65mm so i guess it does happen.

22 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Another reason I need to stop by, to check out this saw. I have thought it would be nice to have a cordless version since I cut sheet goods out in the driveway so not having a cord would be nice but I always wondered about the power of the saw running on batteries. The other thing I was curious about was the batteries holding a charge. I don't use that saw everyday and it would stink if the day I needed it the batteries were dead.

After i bought it and used it a few times it sat for a couple months batteries on the saw and didn't appear to lose any charge. I'm sure it lost a bit but nothing like batteries and tools from 20 years ago.

9 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Yeah long story I don't think I told. My shop caught fire last year. Damage was contained but my sysainers all burned and the tools were some untouched, some a bit melted.

Well it seems like other than some melted plastic everything is good. Hope that it stays that way for ya.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

After i bought it and used it a few times it sat for a couple months batteries on the saw and didn't appear to lose any charge. I'm sure it lost a bit but nothing like batteries and tools from 20 years ago.

That's good to know I will have to start watching for one to come up on the recon emails

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Well it seems like other than some melted plastic everything is good. Hope that it stays that way for ya.

On the saw, a few plastic pieces melted down, still works and cuts great. Sander handles are a bit tougher now but the Domino was untouched.

I was very lucky! During a social party at my house,a kid that isn't mine smelled smoke early and found me. That saved the entire house.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 7 months later...

Posts about track saws made me think about this review. I wanted to update with more information.

The power of the saw has caused some issues at times but i don't relate that to a lock of power in the motor and more the wrong blade for the job. I was trying to rip some 1.5" thick hardwood and the saw just could not handle it. With a 48 tooth blade on the saw it's like using an 80 tooth blade in a table saw to do a rip cut. This just isn't efficient. I need to buckle down and buy a rip blade for the saw and see how it works BUT i generally just use my TS 75 cause it's right there.

The batteries continue to astonish me with how fast they charge. I'm not sure this is a good thing in the end but it's nice for the moment. I can have the batteries charged from 1/3 depleted to full in 20 min. This is generally the amount of time it takes me to get joinery done and get something in clamps so theoretically i don't have any down time to charging. I hope the lifespan of the batteries isn't shortened as a result. My Li-ion batteries i bought for my dewalt drill in 2007 are still going strong some 12 years later, i hope that's the case with these festool batteries.

• Like 1