G-0715P Owners

..Kev

Anyone looking for parts?  Mine has finally bit the dust and will be moving on to the scrap yard.

If you're somewhat local, I'll sell the fence off of it and toss in anything else that you'd like off of it.  Biesemeyer fence that was around 400 new.

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

What went wrong? Motor?

The power distribution block on the motor burned up..  I pulled it apart and just hardwired everything to make sure that was the only issue before ordering the part only to find that it still won't run.  It acts like it wants to but, doesn't ..  I assume at this point that the motor went shortly after the block did..

FSdE0Z.jpg

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Man that sucks. I wonder if the motor didn't short and then melt the power block. Seeing that i'm glad to hear there wasn't a fire or anything. That's kinda scary.

I don't even know when that happened..  One day the saw runs and the next day it doesn't..

I do tend to leave my equipment plugged in all the time.  For all I know, there was a power surge of some kind.

32 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Well I no this wasn't in the plan right now but are you looking forward to your new PM Kev?

Yea, that's an easy answer really..  I just wanted to wait a few month to catch up after the shop build..  

It also means that I can't in good faith sell the old saw per the plan.  I won't take money for something that I know is broken and I had a buyer for the old saw.  I've sent them a note letting them know that they're better off buying a different saw.

• Like 2

Just now, RichardA said:

Have you looked at the PM200 for sale in our for sale thread?  It's a good looking saw and it's a ride for you.  But check it out.

Yep, and even had some conversations.  Unfortunately, he's 11 hours and 3 mountain passes away.  If my saw would have held up a couple more months, I'd of bought that saw.  It's a great deal!

16 hours ago, ..Kev said:

For all I know, there was a power surge of some kind.

Extremely unlikely. It would take a very high voltage spike (think lightning strike) to cause burning like that. And there would be evidence of line to line, or line to ground arc tracking. There is no chance that this happened when the machine was not running but plugged in. If it was not turned on, there is no voltage at the motor.

That looks like overheating caused by a high resistance connection. Likely the screw came a little loose & things got hot. It may have been compounded by a bad winding drawing more current than it should. In any case, replacing the motor will be the fix. If the saw is otherwise good, then the cost of a motor will get you something that will sell more easily.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bleedinblue said:

Man this sucks.  I hope it doesn't reflect a weakness in the machines...I leave mine plugged in all the time too.  

I could use the zero clearance insert if you still have it...I'll pay whatever you'd like.

PM me your addy and I'll send you the inserts..  I have a few for that saw and you have have them all for cost of shipping.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

You may want to hold on to that Bies for a while.  The Saw Stop fence is nice but, I still visit my Bies on my old saw at Dad's.  Dated but, so smooth, so reliable.

I didn't buy SawStop..  A new PM2000B is on its way.

21 minutes ago, woodbutcher said:

So Kev - I remember from your recent videos that you are planning to upgrade your jointer and planer. Does this impromptu table saw upgrade throw a wrench into that plan, or were you going to upgrade the table saw anyway?

Table saw was on the list as well..  This just pushed the time table on that piece up a bit.