Scjetson

Baileigh Machines

Anyone out there own any Baileigh machines? Looking at buying one of their edge sanders. Looks well built from pictures for the price. No dealers close to look at them so I would have to pay freight. Very little info or reviews on this company.

thanks,

Welcome!

I don't own any but have looked at them over the years they appear to be nice machines. I will say in my opinion not much to go wrong on an edge sander I have used a Grizzly for about 15 years with no issues :)  

Welcome to the forum. No personal experience to share, but Baleigh looks like good stuff. All mention I've heard from others has been favorable, although the older stuff seems to have been much heavier duty than the modern machines.

I have a friend that bought a Baleigh mortising machine.  I don't know anything about them, or even what model she bought.  Anyway, I was wishing it had been available the last time I needed another one.

26 minutes ago, Scjetson said:

Thank you all for Sharing and glad to be part of this forum

Glad to have you, and you know we love pictures so don’t hesitate to post some of your work. 

I own the Baileigh TS-1040P-50 Cabinet Saw.  I purchased it in May of 2018 and have nothing but positive things to say about it.  The fit and finish are top shelf along with the performance.  Assembly was very straight forward and easily accomplished by myself.  The only help I needed was getting the crate into my shop and positioning the saw on the mobile base I had purchased for the saw.  

Baileigh does have a warehouse/showroom about 100 miles from my home so I was able to actually see and put my hands on their products before buying.  Everything I looked at was built solidly and in my estimation with high quality materials. 

Yes, I wished there was a distributor that was close enough so I could check one out plus be there in case I needed a part or service. I ended up buying the Jet OES-80CS from a local dealer that has been in the CLT area for 2 generations. He handles many brands; Jet, Shop Fox, Powermatic, Laguna. He could order me a Baileigh but with shipping it would be another $300. So I pulled the trigger on the Jet. I think having a local Jet distributor is a good thing and parts if needed will be easier plus he stocks the belts right there. The Baileigh has an oddball size belt.