Wooden Nails from a nailgun

3 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

... the fact that they're held together with evil plastic makes them less green :)

Plane shavings and some drops of glue would be more appropriate!

Definitely a cool idea, but will probably remain a unique item rather than a standard building item. 

• Haha 1

This definitely has some potential.  But I really wish that people that are constantly speaking to recycling pallets would get educated on what is in the wood of the pallet.  They are treated with so many chemicals during the coarse of their life.  Pesticides, fungicides.  Then when they sit out in back of the stores the most pleasant thing that happens is they get pee'd one by man and beast.  Every time I see a picture of furniture or wall hangings in a home made from pallets I can't help but think "if they only new".  I would even burn pallet wood in a campfire.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bombarde16 said:

Indeed. I seem to recall that CNC folks often fire plastic fasteners into the spoil board to hold things down, the theory being that the router can run right through with no ill effect. If these were a little smaller, that might also work.

The plastic ones are nice. At one time I really wanted one but now it would be wasted. That's the problem with growing old..