Small Addition To My Tool Chest

10 hours ago, Coop said:

What is the object on bottom left that looks like a center punch but has a spiral on the outside? 

That's just a gear from a broken spinning reel I took apart a couple of years ago. BTW the tool is not a center punch, it's  a scriber I use as an awl,  and that gear serves as a protective cap for now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Immortan D said:

That's just a gear from a broken spinning reel I took apart a couple of years ago. BTW the tool is not a center punch, it's  a scriber I use as an awl,  and that gear serves as a protective cap for now.

Fooled me. I was guessing a really fancy branding / stamping tool.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

This is an awesome tool chest. All of the small additions are interesting and add to the great work on this project.

I can't remember, is this something that is light enough to be able to carry or is it just an immovable storage chest? it looks  like it has a good amount of heft to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

This is an awesome tool chest. All of the small additions are interesting and add to the great work on this project.

I can't remember, is this something that is light enough to be able to carry or is it just an immovable storage chest? it looks  like it has a good amount of heft to it.

It is very heavy and meant to be a stationary cabinet. If I remove all the large planes from the "tunnel" I can move it myself when I have to.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Glad this thread got bumped; I'm "fairly" new here and would've missed it otherwise.

Has me wondering if the Studley tool chest was patiently built up in the same manner; standing in line to buy the final wall poster here too!  ^_^    

• Like 1