Table saw tenoning jig

curlyoak

Bar stock is not hard to finesse with things like HDPE tape. If things are that loose, that is the route I go. If you are handy with metal, it could also be advantageous to remake a slider yourself. I thought mine came with a screw spreader for fitment, but it is put away right now as I rarely use it these days. 

I just went over different methods to use for cutting tenons in one of my intro classes. Bandsaw, tablesaw with tenoning jig, tablesaw with tenoning jig using a spacer block (index off the same face and add a spacer the thickness of the tenon plus the actual kerf of the blade) and tablesaw with box fixture straddling the fence with a vertical slider. By far the most consistent results were with the TS box fixture followed by the bandsaw then the jig with spacer.

My buddy Carl has been trying to give me a TS tenoning jig since the day I met him. I've never been able to get repeatable results using one.

I use the Bob Van Dyke universal fence with a slider.

• Like 2

@Mick S I just watched Bob Van Dyke's universal fence video I like his approach with his fence he has some slick idea's. My fence is a three sided box just like Bob's but, mine hugs the TS fence and is a slide fit one side is a high side other side a couple inches above the stock fence I also have several different attachments box spline jig, and a tenoning jig. I push the fence through the blade opposed to Bob's method which I fine quite interesting my fence took me about 1/2 HR to construct the hardest part was was dialing in the horizontal piece above the stock fence that gives the appropriate ability for the fence to slide without being a sloppy fit or, a difficultly tight fit (that sounds kind of like Goldie Locks JUST RIGHT). I do like some of his features like toggle glamp locking the fence to the stock fence I may add that feature to my sliding fence and, some the other jigs it seems very versatile. Anyway thanks for sending me down this rabbit hole. 

This one gives dead accurate, repeatable results.  I've been looking for a second one, but they always want a lot of money for them.  I bought this one new, but it's been so long ago, that I don't remember when.  They made the same model, later, with a black plastic handle.

post-14184-0-61694200-1418250936_thumb.jpg