Is it possible to mount router guide bushings on a sawstop router table?

Retir3d

There's nothing about the SS router table itself that would restrict using a guide bushing. The inserts determine if they're compatible. I have a set of Jessem (I believe) inserts and one of them does take PC bushings.

FWIW, I saw a similar set to the one shown above at Harbor Freight the other day for $15.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barron said:

Not to be a troll, but why would you use a router guide bushing in a table?  A guide bushing is used most often to route inside a template from above. A router bit with a bearing seems to be the way to go when routing from underneath on a table. Am I missing something?

I’m kind of betting that op meant bearings instead of bushings. If not, I’m with you. 

Bushings or bearings can be used for pattern work, but the offset that you have with a bushing can make the math infinitely more complex. The only time I use a bushing is when I want a specific offset that can be had by choosing the right combination of bit & bushing. I rarely use bushings & haven't had occasion to need one in the router table, but that time may come.